Tuesday, July 14, 2009

This past weekend we took Kerry Lu for her first visit to Nana and Papaws place at the lake. She had a great time, for the most part. She really didn't like the annoying but necessary life vest and she wasn't sure about swimming in the lake at first. After we got in and just kinda floated around for a while, though, she relaxed, and nearly fell asleep in the water. She kept sucking on her lake-water soaked life vest (eww). Kerry seems to like to suck on fabric when she's sleepy, and usually falls asleep sucking on her crib sheet (so cute). Anyway, here are some pictures from her first lake visit.




Getting ready for a swim



She kept her little legs wrapped firmly around me and I had to have at least one hand on her the whole time or she wasn't happy.



Aunt Debbie, cousin Sydnie and Daddy(s arm) joined us.




I'm sure I'll like it better next time.



All of that floating was oddly relaxing




Sydnie likes to help Papaw drive the pontoon


And she swims like a little fish



Now this is my kind of fun! Walking laps around the fire-pit deck.



Sydnie is so good with Kerry





Yesterday evening Kerry got to meet Dougs cousin, Kim, her husband Mike and son, Chris. She had a blast and absolutely loved all of them, and I think they were pretty smitten with her,too.



Snoozing...



Just cuz' I looked so cute in my "pigtails" today.










2 comments:

tiffany said...

Ah she is just so precious. I love seeing how well she is doing. :)

Lisa and Tate said...

So cute!!! Got to love a sweet baby enjoying time with her new family....

I think Kerry kind of looks like my Tate!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours