Thursday, February 25, 2010
Wait. Let me back up a bit first and give a little of the back story to our journey. I've always, always wanted to be a Mom, more than anything else really. But, as in almost everything in my life, nothing happens quite the same way as it does for most others. We ended up having roadblocks and obstacles, and we tried to remove/get around them medically, but deep down I felt God was whispering "Wait. I have a plan, this isn't it". I think Doug felt it too. But I found it hard to listen in my growing frustration and impatience. Then in March of 2007, we attended an adoption conference. We were both instantly drawn to the China program, and in Sept 2007 we were logged in and began waiting....more waiting. For the first time it felt like we were going down the right path. It felt right, but still not "quite" right, somehow. I kept finding myself drawn more and more toward the "special needs" program. I think deep down, I felt from the start that it's where we would end up. I had been waiting for Doug to feel the same way, without any prodding from me. Then sometime around November 2008, he started bringing up the idea and I immediately agreed, we had a homestudy coming up soon anyway. So on December 13 of last year we handed Beth, our agency's homestudy provider, the list of all of the special needs we felt capable of accepting. It felt...completely..right. For the first time, I felt a weight was lifted, as if God was saying " Thank you...now I'll take over from here". I knew he was in control, and I had a hunch that things would happen quickly, and I felt that SHE was already born. I don't remember sharing this with anyone, I guess I didn't want to get my hopes up.
"How are you?"
"She has a VSD, she turns one year old tomorrow, and she's really cute"
I believe the first words out if my mouth were "oh my gosh! Are you kidding me?!" I couldn't get over how adorable and healthy and bright she looked.
Then we opened the second photo, and fell even harder for her.
And her "mug shot" just cracked us up.
- upon admission at 2 days of age: "cry aloud, suck powerfully"...She still eats and drinks...and cries... with gusto.
- at 2 months: "mental develop fast, facial expression became more and more"...Yep, our girl is quick as a whip.
- at 3 months: "she babbled, know anger, grief, joy, and happiness. Know how to use smile and cry to express her feeling"....Yeeeeahh, this was an understatement. This girl has no problem expressing herself =).
- at 4 months: "fond of playing outdoors. Stare at the car passing by and the dog in the lawn for a long time"...She loves being outside, taking walks, or just looking out the window.
- "kick her feet and jump when standing with help"....she is CONSTANTLY jumping around or hopping in place, or dancing around doing her "happy feet" routine.
- "She likes listening to the music"....Check.
- "She is tender, not shy" ...Check and double check.
- "like clean"...She HATES to have dirty hands.
- "She has a round face, big eyes, and that make her lovely and adorable"...We couldn't agree more =).
We love our Ker-Bear so much, and we are so blessed to have her in our lives... one year later.
Monday, February 22, 2010
This one cracks me up..
Last night I found her watching Kai-L*n while feeding her baby doll. They learn to multi-task so early. Now, if only I could get her to help me fold socks while she watches tv.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
And cutting out the shapes..
She just about ate her weight in sugar cookies that night =).
She's also taken a new interest in play-do*gh lately. Actually it's kind of a love/hate relationship, I think. She likes trying to roll it out and she likes using the tools and cookie cutter shapes but she doesn't like actually touching the play-do*gh itself.
Monday, February 15, 2010
Pay much closer attention to what your 23 month old is doing with the remote while you're on the phone. Oh, and don't forget to call the cable company first thing in the morning to see if they would be kind enough to remove "Hard C*re Cougars" from our playlist and bill.
and just because I can't post without photos.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Saturday, February 13, 2010
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
This is what I get now if I ask her to smile.
We've had some snow lately. Nothing compared to a lot of the country, but enough for Kerry to have some fun.
And they completely ignored the giant doll houses and played with this race track for ages, instead.
The adorable Birthday Girl =)
- ► 2014 (14)
- ► 2013 (45)
- ► 2012 (58)
- ► 2011 (82)
- Happy 2nd Birthday! photos to come
- 1 year referral anniversary
- Just because I can't stop snapping pictures of thi...
- Still enjoying the warm(er) weather =).
- It got to around 50 today and the sun was shini...
- Note to self
- Happy Valentine's DayandXin Nian Kuai Le Ker...
- Thanks for the encouraging comments, everyone. It'...
- any advice?
- Kerry was invited to attend her very first birthd...
- ▼ February (10)
- ► 2009 (105)
- ► 2008 (47)
A few favorite links
- A Helping Hand Adoption Agency
- The Harrells
- Wanderer's Daughter