Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kerry's health

Kerry had her first visit with the pediatric cardioligist yesterday. He did an ultrasound and it appeaers she does still have a VSD but he said it is "tiny" and in a good location and that it is very "restrictive" which means that it allows very little blood through to the other side of the heart. He also seems to think that it is not affecting her health at all and that it should close on it's own. So good to hear, and an answer to many prayers. We also got results back on all of the bloodwork and stool samples (well, two of the three rounds of samples he wants to test) and said that everything was completely negative and that, as he suspected, we have "a perfectly healthy little girl". I knew that already, I wasn't really worried at all but it's still good to hear =). I know I keep saying that Kerry is doing great but every day she surprises and amazes me even more. She has been giving Doug and myself unsolicited hugs all day. She just runs up to us with this big smile on her little face and throws her arms around whatever part of us she can reach or just throws her arms up for us to hug her and when you do she squeezes you right back. I love it! She has finally started going to sleep and waking up more "gently". Before she would often suddenly start thrashing and throwing her head back and crying as she tried to fall asleep or if she woke up before she was ready to, which is really the only time she ever gets that upset. Now, I'm not saying that she doesn't have a bit of a temper because she does, but she really seemed to be dealing with something else when it came to falling asleep. But yesterday, and especially today, she fell asleep very easily and contentedly. She also learned two new words today. She learned to say "bubble" while blowing bubbles with my mom earlier this evening, but she says it like "bubbuh" and its so darn cute. She also tries to say "all gone" now but it kinda comes out sounding like " ahh guhhn".

She took her first trip to the Zoo today but I accidentally left my good camera at home and it was naptime so she slept through a good portion of it anyway, so here are some other pics from the last couple of days.


She's finally getting the hang of her "ride on" toys.








Demonstrating how crazy-flexible she is




Giggle-fest




Blowing bubbles with Mamaw






Buh-bye

9 comments:

Dana said...

Great news on the cardiologist appt! So happy for all of you. Love that she is saying words! We are still waiting on that with Makenna. She will say mama and she talks all the time, just not in any words we understand. She uses a few signs and she understands a LOT of what we say so I'm sure it will come. Can't wait to meet up and see the cuties together.

mar said...

I am very happy that Kerry evolve as well. Your daughter is a very pretty girl and very brave.

Leslie said...

She is simply adorable Gin.
Praise God for such a good doctors reports.
We can't wait to see you guys again.

Becky said...

What great news from the doctor! Kerry looks like she is adjusting well. She is so adorable!

Becky

3 Peanuts said...

This is such GREAT news! I am thrilled for you) She is just darling!

Anonymous said...

So VERY happy about the Cardiologist's report!! I am also happy to hear about the random hugs...those are always good! Kerry is such a cutie pie, i can't wait to spend some time with her..maybe @ Bernheim (?) Love, KK

Unknown said...

Great news from the Doctor. We have been praying. So glad i forgot the bubbles she seems to be really loving them. Random hugs are fun wait for the random kisses they are even better. Miss you , can not wait to see her. Neither can Jamey.

Shawnstribe said...

gorgeous girl!!!
Motherhood sounds just right up your street my girl :)
You sound so happy
xxx
s

the meaklims said...

Gosh she's flexible! I am so so so happy your little girl is fine, perfectly healthy, and might I add absolutely beautiful. :) I teared up when you said how she hugged you. Such beautiful love.

Jill xx

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours