Sunday, June 28, 2009

We had another wonderful day in Guangzhou. We went to a bi-lingual church service here on the island which Kerry mostly slept through ,She seems to be used to taking naps about an hour after breakfast, and Lord help us if she doesn't get to =). She sleeps pretty well but sometimes wakes up crying and really thrashing about for a minute or so and then she'll fall back to sleep. I'm sure it's an adjustment/emotional thing. During the day she's as happy as a lark. Our awesome guide David took us to a mall today where I was able to buy a jade bracelet for Kerry for later and a beautiful pearl necklace and bracelet for myself. Kerry finished up her nap there. She is doing much better in the stroller now, but still want's to hold my hand most of the time while she's in it, that is after throwing the initial, now much more short lived, tantrum from being put in it. We had dinner at Lucy's again (ahhh). Kerry once again polished off every last bit of the chicken congee. I really think it's like comfort food for her. She had about the same reaction to it as I did the iced tea . We walked around after dinner and got Kerry, and some others, a few things. We love Mr Jordan and his shop. After that we took Kerry back to the playroom, where she made a few new friends. Today she finally let daddy hold her and started initiating hugs with him. She was quite content to sit in his lap and check out the dvd of childrens chinese music we got her on the lap top, which means I didn,t have to wait til she fell asleep before getting my shower. She was full of silliness and smiles and giggles again tonight, but even more so. Like me, she seems to be at her best in the evening. In fact she was going strong until around 10:30. We had lots of tickle fests and she thought it was hilarious to hold Daddy's hands while jumping on the bed (yeah, I know we may regret that later) She is sweet and silly and smart and feisty and opinionated and we just can't get enough of her.








All ready for church.
I was ready for my nap by the time the service started.

Asleep at the wheel at the mall

This photo is mandatory.. sorry


To the girls at work: Oh yes...these are squeaky shoes. We tested them all for maximum squeakiness and bought several sizes so the fun can last for ages =). I think she needs a few more colors, don't you?

10 comments:

Linda said...

Your Kerry is so adorable!!!. What a treasure our little ones are and a gift to us from China. Love all your pictures... Enjoy your cutie as they do grow quickly. My granddaughter is home from China since Jan and was 21 months at that time. She has brought nothing but joy to us, as I know your daughter will give to you. Linda

The Germans' said...

Would you hurry up and get home? I can't stand it anylonger! She is a doll and we can't wait to meet her. As far as jumping on the bed, let her enjoy it! Sydnie still does it with her Nana and giggles everytime.
Did I hear something about pearls?
Miss you guys! See you soon!

fleur de lis cottage said...

I can't wait to get Miss Kerry Lu and Ava together. She is just precious!

Dale and Stephanie said...

Kerry is so adorable. We agree with Debbie, get home already. Lpve ya and miss you guys. Time is getting closer.

Stephanie said...

Oh yea and about the shoes a girl can never have enough shoes!!!

tiffany said...

Is the store A Gift From China still there? We missed it our first trip but it was our favorite by far the second and third trips. No negotiating as it is a British charity store so run a little differently, but better quality and lovely, different things. I got beautiful off white silk christening dresses there and also Christmas dresses that were beautiful quality velvet. Their clothes are more a Chinese/Western mix usually. Anyhow, dont miss that one if its still there.

Also, one of my favorites for a little junk food lunch is the "india pizza" at Cow and Bridge. I like the cheese and shroom. It is NOT like pizza really, but tastey still. Their fresh pressed apple juice is also a treat.

Well...you can see I am feeling a little envious tonight! ;) Enjoy your time there. Sometimes the trip tends to start feeling long at this point, but I promise you will come home and in just a couple weeks be missing China! :)

Elizabeth Bergeron said...

You daughter is so adoreable!! Love the one sleeping. :)

susan said...

Kerry Lu looks sooooooo cute for her first time to church with Mommy and Daddy. What a special Day! I know your heart is so full of love, and you are in awe that Kerry Lu is YOURS! It's difficult to explain unless you have adopted.
I look forward to your walks in the neighborhood so I can visit with Miss Kerry Lu...she is so precious!

the meaklims said...

Ohhhh, she is just lovely all dressed up for Church! Wow, quite the collection of shoes there Mommy, I hope you're doing lots of bargaining!! :) Sounds like you are having so much fun!

Jill xx

Leann Baker said...

She looks beautiful in pink....and every other color she has had on!!!!
This past Sunday, Brett updated the congregation on your trip and your baby girl.
You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers as you journey toward home.
Leann and Brett Baker

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours