Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day three has gone well, we absolutely adore this girl. She was a bit more clingy at times but played and smiled a lot, too. She played fine with Daddy and NaNa Sandy and had a lot of smiles and silliness for Daddy but would not let anyone but me hold her. I think this is just a normal part of her bonding and adjustment period, so we didn't force it. She seems to be cutting some teeth along the sides of her gums and had a slight temp this morning so this may have had something to do with it, too, but Motrin seems to be helping that. We visited the Teng Wang pavilion which was beautiful, but I didn't get any pictures of that as my Camera battery was apparently back at the hotel. Kerry Lu slept through all of that. The rest of the day we just hung around the hotel and played with Kerry . I can't believe we just got this child on Sunday, it really seems like we've been her parents for longer than that. We can see so many sides to her personality coming out. Serious, studious, silly, sweet, smart..it' s all coming out. And dang cute, to boot. And now for what I know you all want...more pictures =) (thanks, Amanda).

I have a little bottle belly thing going on.

What is this American baby food you're trying to feed me?!


My first french fry! I didn't know what to make of them at first, but quickly decided I wanted more.

Want some cucumber Lays? I love them but I'll share.




Maybe I'll just check out some of these comments you guys are writing about me.

11 comments:

Marla said...

She is just so cute, its easy to see why you are so in love.

Anonymous said...

Gin thanks for the updates, I really enjoy reading them. I am so Happy for you and Doug!! Kerry is so cute!! Have a safe time there and a safe trip home I am looking forward to more video and pic's

~Roberta (I have to pick Anonymous on the bottom lol)

Leann Baker said...

This is my third attempt to leave you all a message. I am obviously not very good at this blog stuff.
None-the-less......Kerry Lu is beautiful. We are so happy for you. You all continue to be in our thougths and prayers.
Love, Leann and Brett Baker

Leann Baker said...

So happy for you all. You continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Leann and Brett Baker

Leann Baker said...

Hello from Louisville. The pictures are adorable. You all are continually in our thoughts and prayers. Just talked to John...he was eating a steak, green beans and a baked potato for dinner. Said he was doing fine.
Can't wait to meet you little Kerry Lu!!!
Leann and Brett Baker

Unknown said...

Oh i just love the picture of her with the chip can. Her expression is just to cute. Your gonna have your hands full. But enjoy every minute of it.

Harlow Family said...

Gin she is so cute! Tell her not to worry the chinese restaurant is suppose to be open by the time you guys get home! I am sure mommy & daddy won't mind walking her up there!

tiffany said...

Its easy to see why you are in LOVE!! So glad things are going well. I see it as very good that she is already making it clear she wants her MaMa. That is one of the signs of good attaching (I am sorry that I cant remember, but are you with CCAI? They will send you a checklist that will say as much about a week after you return home)- that the child prefers mommy at least at first as every baby needs a mommy. Bella was very much like that and I would say she is our most securely attached little one. Trying to say...go with it and enjoy it. :)

3 Peanuts said...

she looks so cute and happy!

susan said...

It is such a treat to see pics of Kerry Lu every day! We know your hearts are just bursting with love for this precious little gift. Adoption is definitely a God-thing! Enjoy every moment and looking forward to the next batch of pics...

Alyson and Ford said...

She's so cute and is eating well! Have a safe trip!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Nine Months

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours