Monday, June 22, 2009

Day Two with little miss Kerry has gone very well so far. She slept straight throught the night from a little after 9 to around 6 am and when she woke up she was not unhappy to see us. She gobbled down a bottle of rice cereal and formula (thick and hot she likes them). We got dressed and headed down to to the breakfast buffet and she polished off some eggs and rice congee (kind of a rice soup). Then it was off to the civil affairs building to finalize the adoption and take a family photo for the certificate, and then to the notary office for another quick interview and paperwork. She started babbling for the first time since we got her and was playful and silly at the government offices. Man is this girl cute, and I think she's going to be something else as her personality unfolds! After that our guide, Helen, took us to Wal-Mart for diapers, wipes, juice and some other baby necessities. We got her a couple of little books which she loves. Her little hands and feet are constantly moving and touching things. The Wal-Mart here in NanChang is quite a bit different than what we have at home. First of all it has a parking garage underneath, and the store itself has two levels. They sell some things in the grocery, especiall,that you just don't see at home. Kerry has played a lot today and is smiling and babbling more and more, it's so awesome to see how she's just relaxing with us and trusting us. She has no problem making lots of eye contact which is a very good sign. She loves playing the typical baby games like "sharing" things with us and then taking it back, she loves having her feet played with and she loves her stacking cups and little books, and empty drink bottles and Pringles lids and things like that. She honestly seems content so far which makes my Mommy heart very happy. Thanks for all of your prayers and good wishes, it's really working. We are one very happy family.













She wore her "I love Daddy" pjs for fathers day last night and was sporting a bit of bed head this morning =)


I'm a thumb sucker



With the Orphanage Director and one of the Nannies after she became officially ours in the eyes of China


Catching a nap at Wal-Mart

8 comments:

The Byrd's Nest said...

I can't believe I missed this with no internet!!!! Oh my goodness she is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I have a burning question what size did her shoes turn out to be? She is to cute. I love the picture of all 3 of you , your first family photo. Give her lots of kisses for me.

Anonymous said...

Wow... she is so addorable! Dale and I are so happy for you two!!! (: We can't wait to see her! PS and yes I think that we both want to do this even more now, it has made me want a little one to hold on to and call me mommy and Dale daddy. Hope everything is going well, we will see you soon. Love and Prayers, Aunt Stephanie and Uncle Dale

the meaklims said...

Oh her jammies are adorable! :) Well organized Gin!

She is so so precious, I can see that thrilled look on your face and it is a wonderful feeling!

Kim said...

Congratulations Doug & Virginia!

Your officially Kerry's parents.
Congratulations Aunt Sandy & Uncle Johnny your officially Grandparents again! Sounds like Kerry has already started bonding with you. She is so cute. I love the pictures and videos.
Have fun!

Love Kim

Marla said...

Oh my gosh, she is just beautiful!!!! I cant wait to see her in person. Enjoy every moment, they grow so fast!

Harlow Family said...

Gin you can't even imagine how happy I am seeing these photo's! As well as helping you with uploading these pics! It makes my day to see how well you all are doing. Enjoy these precious moments they go by so fast!

Jimmy said...

They have a Wal-mart in china??? Oh and I am so happy for you guys too. Really I am, I just wrote it this way to be a goof!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours