Friday, June 19, 2009

After 19 hours of travel...We're in Beijing! I didn't sleep at all on the flight(s) and the last few hours of the plan ride wore on me but we made it. It's Friday night 10 pm here and we got here a little after three in the afternoon (3 am last night for you folks). We checked in with our sweet guide, Susan, and checked in to the Rennaissance Beijing Hotel, walked up and down the street to check things out, had dinner here at the hotel, shower, and now hopefully I can sleep. Its very different here as I expected, but nice. The weather so far feels the same as at home, but there seems to be a lot of smog/pollution which gives the air and everything else an "aroma" I can't even describe. Tomorrow we're off to see the Great Wall, the forbidden City and Ti*namen square. I'm looking forward to it. I will try to post pictures of that tomorrow, but tonight I'm having trouble uploading pictures to blogger.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

I hope you guys get a good nights rest. You will love seeing Beijing on your sightseeing trip, it is such a beautiful city. Take plenty of water to the Great Wall with you! What an awesome Fathers Day weekend for Doug. Have fun,

Larry and Leslie p.s. Tell Susan that we said Ni Hao

Harlow Family said...

Gin & Doug I am so happy for both of you and I hope you both got some rest! We love you both and hope you have a wonderful time visiting!

Amanda, David, Ash & DJ

Anonymous said...

Yippee your there. I am so glad you made it OK. Have a good day sight seeing and then kiss Kerry for me the next day .

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Have a safe trip and congrats...

the meaklims said...

Oh my goodness you're in China! :)

Get lots of rest!

Giftedfred said...

I'm so glad you got there safely! I hope that things are going well. How were the sights? Please give your baby hugs for me!! I can't wait to meet her. :)

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours