Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Still nesting!

We just passed the two year mark since attending a local adoption seminar and starting down this road. We also just marked 18 months since we were logged in with the CCAA. I nearly let these dates slip by without noticing, something that wouldn't have happened a few months back. It's amazing how now that we've seen her, the wait just seems to have nearly disappeared. I did say nearly. We're still (mostly patiently) waiting on the Letter of Approval and then, of course, travel.


I found this old fashioned little tin sign on sale at H*bby Lobby




On a shelf above the dresser I grouped some old family baby photos with my Gramma's Church "Cradle Roll" certificate (dated May 18,1927)



I put some finishing touches on the lamp shades with ribbon and ric-rac






I was so thrilled to find this quirky little lower case "k" to hang in her room. You know what they say about us southerners and our monograms




I got creative and made this little bracelet which she will only wear with supervision. I made it with good strong wire that's not likely to break and prove a choking hazard but, still.



Then I made this photo charm for myself...just because I want to be able to take a peek at that sweet little face whenever I feel like it. It was actually pretty simple; just take a photo charm, glue the photo charm down with modge podge using a small paint brush, more modge podge over that, let it dry, then put some acrylic glaze over that.



5 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

You can just see the love in all the special touches you've placed in Kerry's room. I love the charm necklace you made. So sweet.

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love all of the special things you have done for...praying you hear something very soon!

the meaklims said...

I love your new blog page, yes, she sure is a sweet girl and beautiful too, the little sign for her room is very fitting!

I adore the bracelet, it is just gorgeous! You have planted an idea in my head now! If Kerry is anything like Lilah, she will wear braclets and she won't put them in her mouth, in fact Lilah will put nothing in her mouth. I thought that was great until it came to teething and I realized it wasn't so great, because she didn't use anything to help with the pain.

I adore monogrammed things too, it's not just a southern thing, honest! :)

I can just feel your *glow* from here, it's so SO thrilling!

Jill xx

3 Peanuts said...

Oh it all looks so GREAT!!! Love the lower case k and the necklace.

Stefanie said...

Wow, you ARE nesting!! You've done a wonderful job... can't wait to see your precious girl HOME :)
Come on LOA!!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours