Monday, March 23, 2009

Making room


Kerry's room is starting to come together. We've been working on it here and there for the past 2 weeks. It's all painted and the furniture is put together and in the room. I've had a blast working on it but I love decorating and...well...I've kinda been waiting a loooong time to get to to this particular room. So, anyway, I thought I'd share a few pics of how it looks so far. I still have a lot to do. I need to put artwork and probably a decorative shelf or two on the walls. I need to find places for a few nick-nacks. I also need to find curtains and some sort of storage system for the lower half of the closet.



Obviously, this is the crib =). It transitions into a toddler day bed which is perfect since she may only be in a crib for a few months.








This is the matching armoire. I found both pieces on sale almost 2 years ago and they've been sitting, unassembled, in the basement until now. I love seeing them all put together and in the room.


The dresser I've had since I was a teenager. I'm going to switch out the old knobs with new glass knobs to match the glass knobs in the curtain rod finials, the armoire, and to coordinate better with the chandelier. I also have yellow polka-dot ribbon and pink ric-rac to trim the lamp shade with.





It's not easy to tell but this is a pink and green braided rug that I found at T*rget . It's much cuter than in the photo. Yeah, I've decided I want a better camera when Kerry gets here.

7 comments:

David Firepig said...

Congratulation!!! Do you want to know a little about her personality or her future?!! ^_^
http://www.onlinechineseastrology.com/

Anonymous said...

Visiting from Kim's. How darling the room is!

3 Peanuts said...

LOVE it!!!! Maybe get the new camera before you travel....just thinking.....those will be priceless photos.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for following my blog! I will enjoy following yours as well!

fleur de lis cottage said...

What a cute room for Miss Kerry. Can't wait to follow your trip to China.

tiffany said...

Isnt this just so FUN?! The room is so sweet and girly and beautiful. I love the crib and armoire. Oh and the bedding. And the wicker dresser with memories. And the rug. LOL I had such fun doing nurseries!

Leslie said...

Oh Gin, it is just precious! I remember just going and sitting in Myah's room before she arrived, it is such a special time in your lives!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours