Thursday, April 23, 2009

We got updated pics!!!!

We got updated pictures of our sweet girl! And she's playing with some of the toys we sent in her care package! She's beautiful. She looks very healthy. Her hair is laying down now. She looks a bit older. The earlier info we had on her indicated that she was in foster care. It looks like she's been moved back in to the orphanage. It makes feel a bit guilty and sad for her. So many changes already in her young life, and it's not even over yet. I can't wait to get her home and start the healing and bonding process.







Look at that little grin, oh, and those cheeks!







Those eyes..and that sweet little mouth..




I think she likes the toys we sent




There's that little grin again..



She just makes my heart melt. It's so amazing to think that she's actually real, living halfway across the world, and that in 6 1/2 weeks, she'll be ours and we'll be hers. I know she's going to change our lives, but it's a change I've been waiting years for. You know, it's kind of a funny coincidence that way before we got her referral I decided on pink and yellow for her room, and in both her referral and updated pictures, she's wearing pink and yellow =)

18 comments:

fleur de lis cottage said...

So sweet. She is just precious. Do you know what orphanage she's in? I know you can wait to sweep her up and hold her.

Becky said...

What great pictures and what a treasure they are!

Elissa said...

Wow, how exciting to get new pictures. She is unbelievably adorable.

I was totally astounded at how different Lily looked in her referral pictures compared to Gotcha Day, and I think the hair was the major factor. Looks like you may need to pack some bows... :)

Leslie said...

Simply Gorgeous Gin!!!

Colleen said...

She is stunning!!! That is so sweet that received updated photos..what a wonderful gift!!

Melissa said...

Ohhhhhhh....is she not the cutest little thing!?!

Don't you love those updated pictures? They always come at a time when your heart needs them most.

the meaklims said...

Oh my, she is just darling Gin! You must have been estatic to get these updated pitures. I think she is in for some major loving! :)

Sandy H. said...

Your daughter is so beautiful and perfect! I know you must be over the moon right now! It is such a gift to receive the extra photos of her. I can't wait to see her in your arms!

Sandy

Clint and Jennifer said...

Hi!
I found your blog from another one... I just couldn't leave without saying what a beautiful little doll she is, and congratulations on being soon to travel to bring her home!
We adopted our daughter from Yangxi last year- our Gotcha Day was actually June 10th, so you will be in China around the same time we were a year ago. I miss it so!
Not long now, and she'll be in your arms. So exciting.
I'll be following along, if that's okay.
Congratulations!
Jennifer

Madeleine said...

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!

Oh how hard it is to wait.

I am sure you are just treasuring those pictures.

Hannah said...

Hi, I found your blog through another blog near my home (LOU KY) Just wanted to wish you luck on bringing your adorable daughter home. Our daughter came home last year...

God Bless.

3 Peanuts said...

Oh she looks so cute:)

Natalie said...

Such a beauty! I can't wait till you have her.

Denise said...

She is just so beautiful! And I am so happy for you that you got updated pics~

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh isn't she adorable? Precious....just precious and waiting for you;)

trina said...

She's soooooo beautiful!!!!! That's great news that you will be traveling in just a few short weeks!!
trina

tiffany said...

She is just SOOO lovely! I know you cant wait to get your hands on her. Did they say she has been moved? It kinda still looks possible that she is in a foster home to me. Both of our girls came right from foster families to us the day we met them.

Keri said...

Your daughter's updated pictures are so adorable! When I saw that you guys were also from KY, I bookmarked your site. I am looking forward to following your trip to your China to your beautiful Kerry.

Keri

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours