Sunday, March 13, 2011


My girl has been a little under the weather...we both have been, actually, with runny noses, congestion, cough. Let's just say we've not been far from a box of tissues for the past couple of days. We did have a nice warm up in the weather yesterday, and some sunshine, so Kerry got to enjoy a little bit of outdoor play.

IMG_7652

She loves her sandbox.


IMG_7632
And never tires of bubbles.


IMG_7637
You can tell she's feeling a little "blah" in this photo...but she's hard to slow down, even when she's a little bit sick.


IMG_7643
I liked this shot, even with the...umm...mucus. Poor baby.




IMG_7660
She's played pretty well today, too, but we did skip church services just to be safe. I want her to share with her church nursery friends...just not germs. I took the above photo just about a half hour ago and she's now napping soundly with robe. Yep, she still loves robe and sleeps with it every night and at naptime unless we happen to be out and she falls asleep in the car.
And now for a little Kerry update:
I found out this past week that she knows which is left and which is right. I tried to trick her to see if she was just a good guesser, but nope...she knows every time. I haven't worked with her on this yet, so I don't know where she picked it up. She surprises me like that sometimes. She is full of imagination lately, and pretends to open the gate at the top of the basement stairs for us with her "magic key". She'll also say "oh no, you in twubble, I hafta rescue you!" and then she'll pretend to do so. She also likes to put on her "Umi-Goggles" and pretend she has a "belly screen", and she'll say her pigtails are like "Milli measures", (if you've ever seen Team Umizoomi, you'll know what this is about). She also likes to play "pirate" and still loves to have tea parties...sometimes she combines both.
Kerry quote from yesterday:
"I'm not Mommy's baby, I'm Mommy's Kerry"

3 comments:

the meaklims said...

Aww, I hope you two feel better soon. Poor Kerry...but gosh they are some very adorable froggy feet she's got!

Oh and the "Mommy's Kerry" quote just melted me. She's a little darling!

Jill

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my heavens...she is super precious even with a runny nose. I wonder sometimes where the girls pick up things..maybe Dora or other shows? Lottie has learned tons of environmental things from Curious George:) Hugs!!

Praying you are both feeling better soon....Spring is on the way!

Football and Fried Rice said...

she even looks cute with a little snot!! Why cant I be so blessed!?!?!

Hope you are feeling better soon, Mommy's Kerry Lu!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours