Monday, March 14, 2011

IMG_7707





I'm happy to see my little daffodils popping up. Winter is almost over! Have I mentioned I'm not much of a winter person. Actually, I love up until late December, because I love the Christmas season. But January and February just about do me in every year. At least it does make me appreciate Spring that much more. I get so excited to see things just starting to bud, and patches of green grass popping up, and bags of mulch and garden soil being stocked at the lawn and hardware stores. Ahhhh...makes me warmer just thinking of it. I'm already happily planning little projects for my yard.




IMG_7709



I think Kerry is looking forward to Spring too =).




IMG_7717








IMG_7703


And growing in leaps and bounds...






IMG_7704


Speaking of, she went in for her 3 year old check up today. She now weighs 32.8 pounds and is 37 1/4 inches tall. Just about 50th percentile. Her weight gain seems to be slowing just a tad bit, but certainly not her vertical growth. She looks taller and more stretch out to me every day. She's feeling pretty well and seems to be getting over her cold/allergy thing, but we did have a nice discussion with the pediatrician about some GI issues she's struggled with for the last several months. She was so, so brave and did everything the Doctor asked with no fuss. He had to do a quick rectal examination, and I thought she would lose it then, but no..she just laid there and I held her top half and talked to her. It just about broke my heart because I could see the little tears start to well up, but she never fussed. She did cry very briefly after her shot but I don't blame her one bit. Next Monday is her 6 month follow up with the cardiologist, and we're going to be setting her up for her first dentist appointment soon, too.


She's going down for a nap now, and she just told me that robe is making her boo-boo feel better =).

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Oh Kerry is such a big girl, not only is she getting so big I am so impressed with her at the doctor. I know that must have been so hard for both of you. Merrin still hates the doctors and screams like crazy the entire visit, we have do do a dental visit soon and I can't imagine how that is going to go.

Hugs to you both : )

Wendy

Harlow Family said...

Oh poor baby but I hope they were able to help with her little problem.

Debbie said...

What a brave little girl you have...Bless her. Dx

Dana said...

What a brave girl! She looks so grown up and pretty in these pictures :) She has now passed up Makenna in height. On her 3 year check up she weighed 32 pounds and was 36 inches tall. I hope we can get together when we come in town in April.

the meaklims said...

She is so brave. I had tears in my eyes reading your post.

And I am SO envious of your daffodils. I think you must get the same spring as Ireland! Ottawa on the toher hand, won't see the snow disappear for another month or more!

Jill

Unknown said...

Oh poor baby girl. Let me know what the doctors say. she just keeps getting bigger we need those bricks now.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Gorgeous girl! Lots of growing up happening! We are ready for spring too, Kerry Lu!

anything but LoKEY said...

What a BEAUTIFUL little girl! You are so blessed.

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

Oh what a sweety she is!!! So happy that you are all on the mend. The beautiful weather and beautiful flowers could not be a better compliment to that oh so beautiful girl of yours!!! Mary

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh poor little thing...that sounds like a horrible time at the doctor. Praying there is a solution for her problems and yes...she is growing taller it seems and more beautiful with each passing day:)

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours