Monday, March 21, 2011

Cousin Sydnie turned five over the weekend so Saturday was party day! The weather was warm and beautiful so it was the perfect day for a celebration.

IMG_7767

The party was held at a firestation (Uncle Travis is a firefighter) and had a carnival theme complete with bounce house and lots of games. Kerry loves trampolines but for some reason is scared of bounce houses...I think it has something to do with the shakiness and instability...not sure but she hates them.



IMG_7781


However, she did surprise me by getting her face painted. She wanted a flower and chose light blue for the petals.




IMG_7788





IMG_7785fix



IMG_7800



She had lots of fun playing games for prizes..including this little penny toss game. I love her funny expression and stance in this one..ha ha.


IMG_7838

Soon it was time for the Birthday Girl to blow out her candle.


IMG_7871

And open presents...

IMG_7847

Kerry is sporting her blue cupcake mustache here.



IMG_7834

It seems like yesterday we were at the hospital welcoming Sydnie to the world...she was the first Grandbaby of the family. Now there are three Grand-Girls, the newest of these is this little beauty. Cousin Kinsley is just shy of four months old.

IMG_7775

My girl, looking so tall, to me. You may notice her expression is a bit ..reserved in some of these photos, there's a reason. Kerry and I rode with Doug's parents to the party (Daddy works nights so couldn't go). As we were leaving, I had my hands full so after walking out to the car with Kerry to unload, her Papaw picked her up to put her in the car and buckle her in while I ran back to the house to lock up. I didn't tell her what I was doing and that I'd be right back...big mistake..totally my fault. In the seconds it took me to run to the house and lock up and run back, she had dissolved into tears. We've always had to be careful when letting anyone else she didn't know well hold her...and if she was uncomfortable or refused, we didn't force it. And even if it was someone she knew and we even looked like we might walk away, she would often start to panic and cry. But this was her Papaw, and she could see me the whole time...not enough, apparently. I handed her to someone, and walked away...and she lost it. Luckily the whole thing took just seconds to transpire, and I was able to calm her down pretty quickly afterward, but I still felt so bad. I should have warned her, and I won't be making that mistake again any time soon.

5 comments:

Harlow Family said...

Gin don't feel bad she has been doing so well it was no wonder you thought she would be okay. Love the pics & the new grand-girl is just as cute as the other 2!!

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

That reminds me a lot of my girl too! She looks like such a little peanut compared to the birthday girl. I love all of h expressions, she is such a doll!
Mary

the meaklims said...

I have always loved this dress on Kerry. She has the perfect skin tone for lemon. And she has the most adorable painted face... what a beautiful beautiful girl.

I'm glad she wasn't upset for too long, poor sweetie. We just have no idea what these little ones went through in those first months of their life. So much unknown. I'm sure you held her and loved her and that's what she need right now.

Again, she is a gorgeous girl. These photos are perfect.

Oh, and that expression and stance is just priceless!

Jill

PS - Yes, I'm so envious of your warm weather and her short sleeves! Sigh. :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh I have done that with Lottie before:( I know what you are talking about, I felt so terrible afterward and she will still only stay with her Daddy if I have somewhere to go.

I LOVE the look on Kerry's face when she is tossing those pennies!!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh, think we have all done those split secnd things that we had no idea woud affect them..I am so sorry! I hate to see Kerry apprehensive! And i agree with Jill - lemon is wonderful on KL! It rally brings out her beautiful skin color..

What a great idea for a party - l love it!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours