Monday, May 31, 2010

We had a super busy Memorial weekend. Friday night we enjoyed a delcious meal with our neighbors, topped of by s'mores around the fire-pit. Kerry adores our neighbors and the feeling seems to be mutual, as you can see below.







Getting spun around by her buddy, DJ.





Using a narrow bench as a balance beam.

No s'mores for her, she only wanted the graham crackers.


Kerry and Amanda clicked from the moment they met






We spent all day Saturday at the lake with Doug's family. We went for a ride on their pontoon, and she loved swimming in the lake, as long as Mama was with her. She enjoyed it much more than she did last summer, having only been home from China a month or so. Unfortunately I forgot the camera so I have no pictures from the lake. However, I did get some from our cookout with my family yesterday at Bernheim.
















These butterflies hung around us all day. She had no idea they were on her head in this photo. She loved watching the "fuh-byes" as she calls them, until one landed on her cheek, she got a little freaked out.




Enjoying the art wall with Aunt "Stessie".

She was out within minutes of leaving Bernheim =)





My mom has a couple of cherry trees that were ready to pick from, so that's just what we did that evening. Then we pitted them and put them straight into a DELICIOUS cobbler.









And, of course, we took time to remember all of those who have served our country and those who've paid the ultimate price for the freedoms we enjoy. Including my brother, Dale, who's served in Iraq, and in a few weeks leaves for Afghanistan. This time he's going as a photojournalist for the National Guard, but we'll still worry until he's home safe.

3 comments:

Harlow Family said...

We loved having all of you over! I had a blast and I love Miss Kerry more then words can say!!

the meaklims said...

She has no fear at all on that balance beam! And I love that shot of her with the butterflies in her hair, although I can see why it would freak her out if it landed on her cheek.

She is looking so sunkissed and beautiful!

Jill

Unknown said...

WOW! you all where busy. Tell Dale to stay safe and I will be praying for him . I loved the Butterflies in her hair that was perfect.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours