Tuesday, May 25, 2010


Day 4: Our last full day.




We started off the day with a guided trolley ride into and around Asheville. Doug snapped this picture as we were waiting to start the tour. She looks unimpressed. However afterward, for the rest of the day, Kerry Lu couldn't stop talking about it...as much as her vocabulary currently allows, at least. I'd say we had at least two dozen conversations that went something like this:



" da BUSS!"


"Yes, baby, we rode the bus" (didn't have the heart to correct her)

"RED busss!"


"Yes, honey, the bus was red"


"(unintelligible) FUN!"


"I'm glad you had fun, sweetie."






Getting ready to dig in to a banana split. We've eaten a lot of ice cream on this trip. We've also had some pretty amazing meals, as well. We had out-of-this-world-delicious barbeque at the Little Switzerland Cafe along the Blue Ridge Parkway, great Mexican food at the Neo Cantina (ate there twice), and scrumptious Chicken Pot Pie at the Corner Kitchen.





Getting acquainted with a local statue.






Pretty in yellow, having fun just walking/running/hopping around Asheville.





In the lobby of the Grand Bohemian Hotel (not the best phot0). This is not where we stayed, but we were told we had to check out the lobby. It's the kind of place where even the restroom off of the lobby reeks of luxury







She does this new thing now, where she stops, squats down, and says "CHEEEESE", then waits for me to snap a picture. You may notice the remnants of nose bleed that she had earlier. NOT fun. We were out walking around town, and out of nowhere it hit. I had to scramble for the handful of napkins that I remember tossing into her diaper bag and I had to physically restrain her to keep her still while I held the napkins to her nose, which she hated. I'm talking screaming and flailing and slinging blood everywhere. This lasted about 10 or 15 minutes, seemed like much longer. A nearby shop owner ( who has two kids of her own) was nice enough to offer some tissues. I'm pretty sure that the dress can be saved with a little peroxide pre-treatment. After the drama was over, we were off to enjoy a late lunch/early dinner.

Another thing we've enjoyed is the indoor pool at our hotel. Kerry LOVES the water and has not let us forget to take her for a evening swim for the last 4 nights in a row. She gets so excited when we get in to our swimsuits, or "simp-soops" as she calls them.

11 comments:

the meaklims said...

Gosh I am killing myself laughing about the simp soops, oh that was funny.

She is gorgeous in yellow and it looks like you had a simply wonderful vacation.

Has she ever had a nose bleed before? Wow, that is scary.

Jill

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had so much fun. I love the yellow dress and hope you can save it. She looks wonderful in it. I will call tonight or try to for more details. You eat a lot of ice cream. LOL I think you all needed a family of 3 vacation for the bonding time. Miss you guys.

Harlow Family said...

Oh how sweet!! She looked like she had a blast and boy are you in trouble with the pool. I remember when you got back from FL she kept asking for you to take her to the pool!! We have missed seeing her smiling face & hearing her sweet voice saying "HI"!!

Lisa and Tate said...

What a fun first family vacation! Kerry Lu is so gorgeous in yellow. Love that smile and those eyes!

Virginia said...

Yes, Jill, she actually averages about one nosebleed per month, sometimes two, sometimes she'll go weeks without one. I took her to the pediatrician and she assured me that since they don't last long, and since they don't happen more frequently, I shouldn't worry. I still do, though, can't help it.

tiffany said...

Glad you all got away for a family vacation! Looks like a great time. :)

Wendy said...

It looks like you guys had a wonderful vacation! She looks so beautiful in that yellow dress.

Hey do you have any car tips we are going to the beach tomorrow and it will be Merrin and I in the car alone for 5-6 hours.....Yikes!!

Wendy

The Byrd's Nest said...

That ice cream is bigger than she is!!!!! Hope you are all having a wonderful time...my girls LOVE staying in hotels!

Unknown said...

OK had to post this . Jamey Loves the pictures of McDonald once I told him what it was he says wow it has a fire place can we go there. LOL

fleur de lis cottage said...

Oh, I'm playing catch up. Kerry Lu is literally growing up in front of our eyes. She looks so grown up in these pictures. What a great vacation and she's cute as a bug!!

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

ooh, looks like you had loads of fun!! I love her face with the banana split! I have nose bleeds too, a real pain. Cold water is the best way to get blood out of clothes. Lots of love
Jules
xxxx

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours