Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend fun



The first weekend in October, every year, we spend with Doug's family and some friends at Lake Cumberland State Park. We eat dinner at the Lodge our first evening there. Then Saturday we start with a big breakfast with all the fixins, then we spend the day hiking, riding on the pontoon (with jackets and blankets most years) and cooking out. Then Sunday we wrap things up and head home. This year was pretty special, since it was our first year as a family of three. Kerry had a great time, she loves being outdoors and walking, and she loves to eat, so she was in her element. Cousin Sydnie, as usual, was so good with her. She wants nothing more than to be Kerry's friend. My little spitfire was fine with that for the most part, but had no problem letting her know when she needed her space. They have an indoor pool there,too, which was a huge hit with Ker-Bear.



Heading to dinner




Some story-time with Papaw




Trying to color like Sydnie

Syndie plied her with Milky Way miniatures

Having an early morning phone conversation. She so stinkin' cute when she wakes up.




I had to watch her like a hawk when we first got to the pool. She kept trying to get to the edge like she was going to jump in without us.




She loved, loved, loved the pool and is pretty brave in the water.



Her first hike






Heading down to the lake shore


She wanted to get in. She was fascinated with the water and the little waves coming in. I can't wait to take her to the beach for the first time.

They needed a little lift back to the cabin after all of that hiking.









4 comments:

the meaklims said...

Aww, look at that little belly! Isn't it the sweetest thing ever.

Great photo's, I can see Kerry is starting to show her independence! Walking on the stairs on her own. :) Such a great little milestone, yet you don't want to lose them so darn quickly!

I can also tell she LOVES water, I mean yeah, really loves it. :) A massive smile to prove it!

Jill xx

Anonymous said...

We are in the process of starting our adoption and I have been reading your blog for quite sometime. I have two boys and they always read along with what Kerry has been up to. She is so cute. I had to tell you that her bikini is adorable. We were in Nashville.
Thanks for letting us get to know Kerry.
Lori P.

Harlow Family said...

Oh wow Gin it looks you guys had a blast! I love seeing how your families spend so much time together!

Unknown said...

wow you can tell you are all so happy. I loved seeing her in the pool with daddy. I can not wait till we can take her to the beach either. If you come down when ever make sure i get to be there for her first ocean view.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours