Wednesday, July 11, 2012


So we were watching the Olympic gymnastic trials when a certain little 4 year old announced that she wanted to do gymnastics, too.  She also requested a purple leotard.   This mommy was just waiting to hear those words and was more than happy to call up the nearest gym for a trial lesson.   





And as you can see, we found a purple leotard..athough there are some minor, umm, wardrobe malfunctions with it.  Luckily I found a pink leotard as well, with a "shorts" type bottom half. 

She was just a tad bit nervous when we first got to the gym, but after I assured her that I would sit right where she could see me the whole time..she was fine.  She went right back with the coach and 4 other little girls around her age and she did fantastic!  It was just plain cute to watch, too =). 

100_1593 The balance beam was what she was most excited to try.  But she also got to to somersaults down a padded ramp, jump on a floor level trampoline, and jump into the foam pit.  She paid close attention and..well..I even noticed her trying to direct a couple of the other girls.  Hmm, might have have a little talk with her about leaving that up to the coach.   As we were leaving she said she wanted do it again, so I guess I will be signing her up for lessons every Tuesday evening. 

2 comments:

Kristi said...

woo hoo! As soon as I saw Kerry climbing those poles awhile back, I knew she would rock the sport!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Kerry Lu nervous? Never!!!!! I want to be her when I grow up:)

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours