Friday, July 13, 2012

Stage fright? Not this girl.

Since last August, Kerry has been going to a Mother's Day Out "Kids Kamp" program on Thursdays.  Some of her little classmates will be graduating and moving on to Kindergarten soon and apparently they put together a little commencement program and decided to let the entire class take part in a little performance.  I got a call yesterday to inform me that this would all take place at the end of the school day and that Kerry was "very excited and enthusiastic" about taking part in the show.  So I left work a bit early and, luckily, had my little digital camera in my purse so I was able to take some video.  SO glad I did because this was Kerry's very first time "on stage" and, apparently, my girl has ZERO performance anxiety.  Oh boy.  The loudest little munchkin voice you hear belongs to Kerry. 


The little ones wearing sashes are the graduates. You'll have to excuse the quality of the video, at some points I had to kind of hold the camera up in the air and hope it was aimed right. And had I known she would be doing this I might have sent her to school in something a bit nicer..maybe a dress to make it harder for her to expose her midriff. 




I love this girl of mine and I hope she never loses this confidence and boldness.  Last night she watched one of the videos and then said " I used my stage voice"..haha!  Miss Dana said she didn't know what they would have done without her.  I think Miss Dana may have created a monster =).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

OK after watching these again as I had seen them already on Facebook. I noticed something You really can not hear anyone but Kerry Lu LOL. And yes time for a new shirt mommy. :) That one sure had ride up issues.

Ani said...

Thanks for the smiles! That girl does not have one shy bone in her body :)

Debbie said...

Oh my word! She is going to be a HUGE superstar one day, just you wait :)

the meaklims said...

I agree with Debbie, she's a superstar. Love her confidence!

Jill

The Byrd's Nest said...

I am SO behind on your blog! She is a natural!!!

Anonymous said...

She will probably never lose her confidence. My 8 year old Jiangxi girl gets up and sings solos in front of her 600 student school. When asked if she's nervous she just says "No, not at all!"

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours