Thursday, March 1, 2012

She's FOUR!

I begged her to stay three for just a little while longer but she wouldn't go for it. She was just way too excited to be turning four. Of course, with birthdays come PARTIES!
DSC_0108
We opted to just have it in on Sunday afternoon in our church's fellowship hall. Lots of room, tables, and chairs. I'm so glad we did because these 11 little girls were cute as could be, but MESSY. Mine included. She ended up getting herself drenched in pink lemonade not once, but twice.
IMG_1667
She wanted a Minnie Mouse party (of course). She picked out this "Minnie Shopper" cake at Kroger and it turned out to be very tasty.



DSC_0090
See that Minnie head? Three styrofoam balls, some black spray paint, and a home-made bow. Easy-peasy. Found this idea on-line somewhere and had to use it. I also made bows for each of the girls and attached them to store bought ears. Wish I would have taken some good pics of the decorations but I was just too busy, so I ended up just handing the camera over to my brother (thanks, Dale!) .
DSC_0119
Pinata time! Birthday girl gets the first good whack in of course. Our "stick" was a miniature Louisville Slugger bat..a souvenir from a trip to the Slugger museum.


IMG_1686
Opening presents.

IMG_1718
Kerry had such a fun time at her party. I had fun just watching her and her friends running around with their balloons, squealing and smiling ear to ear...so cute. I realized, also, afterwards that 5 of the 11 girls present are all part of a family through fostering and/or adoption.

6 comments:

Debbie said...

Gin...what a lovely party, you did really well with all those decorations! I had to laugh at that first pic of Kerry with thE bat, how determined did she look BTW ;D

And like me, you dont jump in the photos very much...so it was great to see Mummy & Daddy too! I hope you sat down and enjoyed a good rest after it was all over :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO A SPECIAL LITTLE GIRL!!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

What a fun fun party! I love the Minnie Mouse head! Happy Birthday to your sweet girl:)

Unknown said...

Looks like a blast wish I could have been there. They really need to slow down on the growing thing. Dale did good with the camera . LOL he comes in hand sometimes huh.

the meaklims said...

Oh Kerry Lu! When did you go and grow up so quickly!

Happy 4th Birthday to a super great girl. Love that Minnie Party!

Mom and Dad, you are such proud parents, love that!!

Jill

Lee and Sarah VanGrunsven said...

What a beautiful party!! And look at her hair! SO cute!!

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Kerry! That looks like such a fun party!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours