Friday, March 30, 2012

Kerry has discovered a new talent this past week. Pole climbing. It started with the poles in our unfinished basement, and now she finds the playground poles an irresistable challenge. She climbs over and over again trying to get better and go higher (yikes).   Not to worry, though, Daddy is close enough to catch her.


100_0958



I love that she smiles while she climbs. It's kinda funny that I was one of those kids that wanted to climb everything, too =).
100_0963

100_0972




She discovered that she could climb up and grab onto the monkey bar and swing over.


100_0969








100_0991





100_1023

Her little mouth is working just as well as her little muscles lately, too =). Some more memorable things I've heard her say this week:


" This is serious, I'm afraid."




I asked her where something was earlier today and she said " I have no clue".




After some prolonged teasing by Daddy, Kerry gave him a stern "watch it, Mister boy!".




While she and I were playing Wii yesterday Kerry thought I needed a bit of help so she said "Hit the 'A' button, Sistah".



Me: "Kerry what would you like to eat?"

K: in a mock suprised voice, mind you. " Hmmm, My tummy say's it reeeally want's another chocolate chip cookie. Can you believe that?."


Nice try honey.

7 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Gin.....I love your little monkey! Isnt it amazing to see her shimmy up that pole, how on earth do you do that? Oh,to be a kid again :)
They are so funny at that age, I love her little "Kerry Comments"!

Lee and Sarah VanGrunsven said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!
I remember I used to climb walls when I was about her age:) When we bought a new house, I was so upset because the hallway was too wide and my wall climbing days were over:)

I love all the things Kerry says! Seriously, she must have you laughing all the time. So dang cute! :-)!!!

Harlow Family said...

I am so loving the new saying's and boy can I see her saying those things!! Love it!!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Lottie and Kerry Lu would be famous monkey friends!!!!!

Don't you just wish she would never stop talking like that? I miss that!!!!

the meaklims said...

Oh my goodness, I'm dying laughing here, Sistah!!! LOL!

Can she ever climb though, that is crazy stuff. Lilah is WAY too timid for stuff like that! :) Not sure if I'm happy or sad! Hehe!

Have a Happy Easter my friend.
Jill

Debbie said...

oh my, soooo funny...one of my boys says stuff just like that.

Anonymous said...

That's a Jiangxi girl for sure. my eight year old was climbing poles at that age and is now doing all kinds of crazy stunts. My littlest Jiangxi girl is fourteen months, all too soon she'll be climbing everywhere!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours