Monday, August 8, 2011

Just a little project...

So I had this old high chair that I got from my Gramma for Christmas when I was almost 4 years old. This thing was made in the late seventies, complete with a "Bicentennial" print, and it was just sad and dingy. Kerry has pretty much ignored it up until recently, so I decided that if she was going to play with it, it was going to have to get a serious freshening up. So I took some spray paint (I let Kerry pick the color), some fabric I had already, some batting, some poly-fill for a new pillow, and a staple gun and somehow managed to turn this....

IMG_9072
Into this...
IMG_9223

IMG_9225fix
I had so much fun, and its so sweet to see my girl playing with the same high chair that I enjoyed as a youngster.

IMG_9447
Today after Kerry "fed" one of her babies she said it needed burped. So she put in on her shoulder, gave it a good patting and said "BUUURP!". Then she said "TOOT!" and just laughed and laughed. She really cracks herself up. She makes me laugh, too =).


IMG_9450
Time for a diaper change.

7 comments:

Football and Fried Rice said...

Oh my goodness, Gin- you rock! Who knew you were so crafty? I'll bet Kerry Lu loves it! (silly, little girl :))

nancy said...

What a beautiful job you did with that little chair. How precious it must be for you to see Kerry Lu enjoy playing with it just like you did when you were little, so sweet! Blessings.

Wendy said...

Kerry Lu you are a funny girl, you made me laugh too!

Love the chair it is adorable!!

I will still be checking on Kerry Lu and you too : )

Amy said...

Hi! I found your blog through the Sunday Snapshot. Your daughter is PRECIOUS! Great job on the high chair too!

Diane said...

Hi! I just found your blog today too!! Thanks for visiting me and taking the time to leave me a nice note:)

Kerry Lu is ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE!!

Love your pic's! Sooooooo cute!.

I will be sure to come back soon, I hope you will do the same!

Diane

the meaklims said...

Oh Gin, it looks fabulous!!! So glad to see Kerry enjoying it, I bet it brings back great memories.

Jill

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh Gin...you did a fabulous job!!! I love it that she realizes her babies need to burp and toot:) lol

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours