Saturday, October 2, 2010

The "look"

I saw it today...from a couple in the childrens department of Old N*vy. It was the "look". You know, the "look" that only a couple, or person, who's waiting to bring home a daughter from China can give. The husband spotted us and then quickly tapped his wife on the shoulder and then they both just looked at Kerry and gave the "look"...as if their hearts were melting, and breaking, and bursting with anticipation all at the same time, and as they walked a way he put his hand on his wife's shoulder and gave her a smile and a little squeeze . I knew that look well, because I'd been there not so long ago and had given that same look, I'm sure, every time I'd spotted a small raven haired, almond eyed, Asian sweetheart in a store, on the street, or in a restaurant. It really brought back those feelings I had while waiting to finally become a Mama. I felt for that couple, and said a little prayer that they won't have to wait much longer..

4 comments:

Hoots Momma said...

Girl.... we give "the look" all the time!!! We've been spotted a couple of times and it's a little embarassing, but so true about the melting of the heart, and the anticipation and excitment!!! OH I can't wait to bring our girl home!

Unknown said...

Will be saying a prayer for that couple as well. I remember those days with you also.

the meaklims said...

Been there - Done that!
The look of my hopes and dreams.

Jill

tiffany said...

Oh yes, I see the look alll the time when we are out and about and I try to offer up an extra warm smile and send some good wishes their way. I can not imagine how hard it must be to endure the current "wait".

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours