Saturday, January 2, 2010







I've noticed that I haven't done a very good job of keeping up with Kerry's smaller milestones and "firsts" lately. I guess things have just been so busy with the holidays. I'm going to treat this whole blog thing as sort of a scrap book, as a lot of other bloggers do, so we, and Kerry, can look back on these things later. Let's start with what was quite possibly Kerry's first experience with snow. Last winter she was in southern China where snow is pretty rare, not to mention she was just an infant. So when we got a few flurries after church the sunday before last, I couldn't resist letting her spend a few minutes watching the snowflakes fall. There was absolutely no accumulation, but she seemed to notice the snow flakes..even though she kept saying "rain" and making her little rain sign with her hands.




Checking out the Christmas lights









And I have to talk about this robe. This used to be my robe. It was..is..a very soft, very comfy robe. Then one day I picked Kerry up while wearing it. It then became her robe. She sleeps with it, and has to cuddle with it several times a day, and calls it "obe". I'm thinking of cutting it down into a small blanket, but she seems to like it just as it is.



We had our 6 month post placement homestudy this past week. It went very well. We've had the same social worker for each homestudy since we started the adoption process, and we really like her. Kerry also had her 6 month follow up with her cardiologist on Tuesday. He said the VSD is still there, but it's very tiny and restrictive and doesn't seem to be affecting her heart at all, thank God. At lunch after the appointment, Kerry strung 2 words together for the first time. She was stuffing rice into her little fist and when I tried to take it from her and clean her hands before we left she said "no, mine!" Lord, help us =). Technically, she's been saying "there it is" for a while now, but the way she says it sounds like one word, and I think she considers it one word. And she's been saying that ALOT this week,too, just pointing to random objects, people, or pets, calling the object, person, pet by name then saying "deh-id-isss"! It's so cute.



5 comments:

Lisa and Tate said...

Kerry sounds like such a smart girl! Tate, also a Southern girl, had her first play in snow the other day and LOVED IT! So glad K's little heart is doing well.

Lisa and Tate said...

OOOOpppps... wanted to say LOVE the hat!

Dana said...

That hat is sooo cute I can't stand it!! So happy the cardiologist appt went well. Great to hear all of her firsts...such a sweet, smart girl:)

Ms. J said...

Ohhh, I am SO loving Kerry making your robe her "lovey" of sorts! COMPLETELY ADORABLE!!!

So pleased to hear about her VSD status, too. As you know, been there/done that (albeit with an ASD), so if I can ever lend support or prespective, you know how to find me!

Can I say again how I think Kerry is perhaps THEE most photogenic child EVER?! (Cuz it's totally true!)

Unknown said...

Glad the Dr. checked out good. I need to make Jamey's yearly follow up like now. I love that child of yours she is to cute.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours