Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Doc is in!

 
  
 
This girl was counting the days to Halloween! 




She decided early on that she wanted to dress as "Doc McStuffins" this year.  There aren't really any costumes out there (that I could find, at least) so we just ordered a little lab coat on-line, bought a striped purple shirt, added a pink skirt and bright pink sneakers that she already owned.  To top it off we found a super sparkly purple headband, ripped the bow off, and hot glued a pink and white flower taken off of a clippy barette and put her hair in braids.  She was pleased as punch with her costume =).
 
 


      We got a slightly later start on trick-or-treating that anticipated so my pictures were not so great but I think she was super cute.


She had so much fun and said " Trick-or-Treat" and "Thank you!" at each house.  She even said "BOO!" at a few stops even though she was far from scary, he hee.

 
Even though she's not even a huge candy eater, she was so excited to get home and check out her loot. 
 
 
 
I have to tell you what my sweet girl did.  She knows I love Skittles and after stopping at several houses she said "I have to get some "Skillets" for you Mommy, I just Have to!"  I assured her that I would be perfectly okay without them and not to worry, but at each house she still took note of what candy she got.  Well, after dumping her loot out on the living room floor she spotted on lone package of the rainbow colored candy.  She jumped up with a huge grin and squealed "Mommy, I DID get 'Skillets'! I'm sooo glad! Here, these are for YOU!"   I just love her sweet little heart =).

 


3 comments:

Debbie said...

Your last story made me smile Gin.....one of my favourite phrases to use with G is "its so nice to share" and when she says it, I grin :)

Kerry obviously had you "right up there" in her thoughts....such a sweet little girl.

funks said...

What a sweetie! Is she "done" with bangs already?

the meaklims said...

Aww, so precious Gin... love that she got you your favourite skillets!! ;) I love them too!

and my girly love dr mcstuffings too! Great show! Maybe she's going to be a Dr!

Jill

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours