Sunday, November 11, 2012

Christmas Card photo shoot

Yesterday was absolutely and completely georgeous..as in clear, sunny skies and 73 degrees, so I decided to take advantage of the nice weather and try to get this years Christmas card photo taken care of.  I decided to dress Kerry in her red and gold Cheongsam dress this year, the colors just seemed Christmas-y.   So we packed up, headed to Bernheim Arboretum and ended up plopping a chair down in the middle of the Hubboch Holly collection.
 
 
 
She insisted on getting Penguin Puppet in on the action so he was in the first few shots.  I had to make him my "special assistant" so I could get him behind the scenes.  This included me having to make him "talk" and give her instructions in a silly voice...but I was willing to look silly if it meant getting this years Christmas card photo taken out-doors instead of in the living room this year. 
 
 
It's always interesting trying to get a good shot of my silly, spicy girl.
 
 

 
It's a bit of a challenge sometimes...
 
 
but it's never-ever boring.
 
 
 
 I got a lot of the "forced smile" look.
 

I got some sweet ones.

 
 
 
 


 
IMG_9762
 
And I think I got a winner or two.

 
 
 
 
This is what she calls her "princess" smile, he hee.
 
 
I had also lured her with the promise of a post photo-shoot picnic...she loves picnics at Bernheim.  We ended up having a really, really great day.  I kind of wish I had a photo-editing program, these are just SOOC, but I'm pretty happy with them, anyway.


 
Ni Hao Yall

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! There are free "editing" tools such as Picasa and Piknic (limited editing).

Debbie said...

Yes you got some great ones Gin....well done you!

I'm finding it really hard to get G to pose for a photo, at this stage :(

Ally @ Even Miracles said...

The dress is beautiful and so is your little girl ! Sounds like a beautiful day , 73 and sun !!! You got some great pix for Christmas , it's getting to be time to think about that for us too.

Susan said...

You did it! Several of those would work.

And she could not be any cuter!!!

the meaklims said...

Oh Gin... I just noticed your girl is looking all grown up. Oh my.

She is so sweet and yes, you did get some keepers. She is beautiful in red. and I also love that she's such a willing participant!

Jill

Stephanie B said...

Very sweet pics, and a very "full of life" little girl. Thanks for sharing

funks said...

Love that dress on her! Cara doesn't have a red one, but I'm definately going to get her a red one when we size up.

Dana said...

Oh wow these are gorgeous!!!! It made me laugh looking at all of her silly poses because Makenna does the same thing when I try to take her photo. Looks like the Christmas card is going to be awesome:)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Ohhh I love them ALL!!!!!! They are perfect:)

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours