Sunday, November 18, 2012

A little Indian Summer

 
Kerry was happy to be able to play outside today without a jacket.  And I just love watching my girl having fun.
 
 
 
 
She borrowed a little cane from Joseph (from our Nativity set) and entertained herself by "bamming" the last of the dead leaves from our trees, then hooking the cane onto a low branch and letting go to watch it spring up into the air.
 
 
 
 
 
 
She played on her swingset a bit.
 
 
Penguin puppet is a constant companion nowadays.  Wherever she goes, he goes...often even from room to room in the house.  I'm not looking forward to breaking it to her that he won't be able to go to Kindergarten with her next year, or that he'll at least have to stay in her backpack.  And those nearly-outgrown-and-covered-in-paint crocs that she grabbed from the screened in patio have to go...soon. 
 
 
She's pointing his head at the camera so he can say "cheese" too, hehee.  You may have noticed he's sporting a new accessory.   She apparently thought he needed a collar.  I guess it's better then the stickers he's often covered with. 
 
 
Daddy was talking about mowing one last time to mulch the leaves so she thought she'd give him a hand. 

 
Ni Hao Yall

5 comments:

MarthaB said...

Wonderful pics! DD helped the last few leaves down from the trees with a stick the other day as well :)

Unknown said...

I still saw a sticker on Penguin puppet. I feel for you can you tell me how that conversation goes as I am not sure how I will get Josh to leave the blanket when he starts school . Thankfully we have time. LOL. Glad you had a warm day.

Debbie said...

Its funny how they get so attached to certain "things" isnt it?

the meaklims said...

Lilah wasn't allowed to bring her piggy to school either, she did for a few days and the teacher pulled me aside and told me they carry lice... YIKES!! And said it would be best of he was left home.

Lilah got over that pretty fast though, and in fact, since school and getting more and more confidence... she has in fact neglected that little Piggy for quite some time now! However, nothing or nobody will ever be able to make her part with her blanket, it stays in her bed, thankfully, but it is part of her very soul, I do believe!

Btw, I love those dresses from Old Navy, I bought a few of them in different colours for the girls too! :) Kerry looks so sweet in pink!

Jill

The Byrd's Nest said...

Awwww....she is just so precious!!!!!! Lottie loves her animals too:)

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours