Sunday, September 18, 2011

You know how some days leave you feeling physically and mentally exhausted, out of sorts, spent? And then there are days that leave you feeling ridiculously happy, energized, and utterly content. Well today was one of those days. It was just a really good day, and for no particular reason other than it was spent with with two of the people I love most. We went to church, cousin Sydnie was there and was in sunday school with Kerry...which thrilled her. We had a nice lunch with Nana, Papaw, Sydnie and baby Kinsley..along with our friends Joe and Polly. We did some grocery shopping later, and took Kerry to a nearby playground. Really no different than any other Sunday, but it was just....a really, really good day.

IMG_9859fix

This little girl was feeling it, too. She was a super-hyper, giggly, bouncy bundle of three-year-old bubbliness. She was going full speed and full volume all day. She seems to be getting over a cold that had kind of had her wiped out this week, and she was able to take care of some overdue potty business, to put it nicely, so I think she was making up for her week of feeling not so great.

Have I mentioned how loud this girl can be when she's feeling a bit...exhuberant? I'm sure I have, it was something we noticed about her before we ever left China. I keep saying she would do great in theater because she can really make her voice carry when she wants to. Seriously...while we were at the store today, at one point she and Daddy were three aisles away from me and I could not only hear her but understand everything she was telling him, haha. I love this about her, but we have been working on teaching her to control her volume depending on whatever setting she's in. It's a work in progress =).

The cold she's getting over...I think she's given it to me. But that's okay because even with a scratchy throat and sore ears, it was, like I said, a really good day.

IMG_9854fix

Daddy asked her if she had fun in Sunday school to which she replied:

" Yeah! And I listened really good, too!"

When he asked her, then, what she learned she said:

" I don't know."
Sunday Snapshot

9 comments:

Sophie said...

She is an absolute doll!

The Byrd's Nest said...

ha ha...that is always the answer. "I don't know". Gotta love kids!

I'm so thankful you had such a blessed day with your family and that sweet Kerry Lu is feeling back to her perky self. Emma talks very loud also and always has but if she wants to tell me something personal, she lowers her voice so far down that I can't hear anything she is saying...crazy girls! Love you!

Amy said...

Your daughter is very cute! Love the photos too.

Sennie said...

Too funny :)
Your daughter is gorgeous!!
Here from Sunday Snapshot.

the meaklims said...

Sounds like one of those days that you remember to count your blessings and just smile at how overwhelmingly blessed you are.

God is SO good.

Jill

Debbie said...

LOVE DAYS LIKE THAT......WE ARE SO LUCKY GIN!

Lisa and Tate said...

Totally KNOW those days! Magical for no reason. When asked what Tate learns in Sunday school she will day baby Jesus. I guess she will always refer to Jesus as a baby because of Christmas.

Cute cute Kerry Lu!

Unknown said...

I ask Jamey ever day what did you learn he usually responds let me think. I don't know LOL got to love them

Football and Fried Rice said...

Kerry Lu is such a beautiful ball of energy! Love her!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours