Thursday, September 15, 2011

I love my girl's hair.
IMG_9837
And I love that she still lets me play with it and put it in barettes and braids and pigtails. From day one, she's never really given me any fuss about fixing it. That could be because I usually do it while she's distracted by something "fun" ( see the Wii
remotes?)

So, aside from a few trims to even it out, I've just been letting it grow. Most of the summer I've had it up since her little face and head sweat like crazy if the temps get above, say, 78 degrees. I've thought of giving her some cute bangs but haven't for this very reason. Well the last few days we've been enjoying some nice fall-like temps so I just let her wear it down. I was struck with how long it's gotten. And I'm thrilled to see that it's finally reached the length that it sweeps to the side on it's own and doesn't hang in her face as much if she doesn't have a barrette in. (It seems grown straight forward and that had been an issue that nearly led to bangs a few times)
IMG_9831
So anyway, I guess what I'm saying is, as much as I'm sometimes tempted, don't expect to see a cute little bob on my girl just yet. I'm still having too much fun with her long hair.
I kinda knew I would when I saw the head of hair on her in this photo taken at 4 months. =)

7 comments:

Kristi said...

the picture of her from the back looks just like Piper - her hair is about the same length & has just that slight wave towards the bottom.

the meaklims said...

Her hair is beautiful. It's so black it's almost blue! I too love long hair, especially since you can do so much with it!

Jill

Wendy said...

I have always loved Kerry Lu's hair, it is beautiful!! Merrin's is getting long too but it is brown : )

Have a great weekend!

Debbie said...

BEAUTIFUL..........

Jessie said...

She has some beautiful hair! I love her referral photo - what a cutie patootie!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Gorgeous hair!! Mya can't wait till hers is that long! I am FINALLY, after almost 3 years, done cutting for awhile!

Lindy D. said...

Your beautiful Kerry has gorgeous hair. I don't blame you for keeping it long.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours