Monday, September 26, 2011

IMG_9875fix



"Mommy, if somebody's not happy, they should just turn their face into a smile"

IMG_9868fix


Kerry said this yesterday while we were in the car having a little talk about how you can often choose your attitude, and whether or not you feel happy, or positive, instead of sad, or grumpy. She, umm, sometimes needs a gentle reminder of this. But, then, don't we all? =).

Kerry seems to be trying to add some bigger words to her vocabulary lately, which has led to some pretty cute phrases lately. My favorite is from earlier in the week. We were in a fitting room with a three way mirror and she said " Look Mommy, there's your collection! And there's MY collection, too!" She either meant to say "reflection" or, since it was a three way mirror, she was indeed referring to a "collection" of us.

"God only gave me two arms, I'm not an octopus!"

Can't remember why she said this, but it made me laugh.

"I'm so dexcited!!"

She's been saying this a lot lately, hee hee.


And just this morning:


"Mommy, I got a little problem here."


Kerry is still doing well in her mother's day out program on Thursdays. After two years, I can finally say that her separation issues are pretty much a thing of the past. Another one of the biggest reasons we put her in this program was to give her a little more socialization with other kids her age, and I can already see a difference in how she interacts and plays with other kids when we're ..say..at church, or at the park like we were earlier today. She seems more interested, whereas before, she would sometimes kind of ignore other chidren her age and either just do her own thing, stick close to us, or interact only with adults. But this is probably typical for her age. Anyway, it's looking like she's (hopefully) on her way to becoming as emotionally and socially ready for Pre-k as she is scholastically when it comes around this time next year. Our plan is working =).

7 comments:

Debbie said...

YEY KERRY! GLAD TO HEAR THINGS GOING WELL........SWEET GIRL

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

SHE IS THE CUTEST LITTLE THING!!! I love the ponies.......and she seems wise beyond her years. What a smart cookie!!

Thanks for all of your sweet comments Gin.... and reading this post makes me feel there is hope for Reags and she will eventually adjust to daycare!

xoxoxo,

Lisa

Ms. J said...

Don't you just LOVE their new words and grown-up usage of them?! Lil Pumpkin, at four years old, regularly says "Actually, Mum . . ." and it cracks me up.

We also get "interesting," "organized," and her gesturing while talking as if she's morphed into a 14 year old. Even starting to get a bit of sass and eye-rolling. Not enough to make me angry (yet), still funny.

the meaklims said...

She's doing fabulous! Love these pictures of your sweetie. She is too funny! Too bad you don't live closer, Lilah and Kerry would have a ball together, I think!

Jill

Virginia said...

Yes, Jill, I think our girls would have a great time together, I suspects their Mamas would, too =).

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yay for Kerry and making new friends:)

I love all of the little things that she says and even though my girls are almost 7, I still don't correct them because their words make me giggle and I seriously need the entertainment!!!

Football and Fried Rice said...

She is so adorable! I love her bear ears!

Mya has been saying lately, "we are done discussing this!"

:)

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours