Saturday, February 26, 2011

February 27, 2011

Two years ago today I got a surprise call at work.. just after 10 a.m. Dana, the special needs advocate at our agency, had found a baby at just after midnight and thought she might be the one for us. My head was spinning as I listened to Dana telling me that this baby was called Ji, Lu Ying, she had a VSD, she would be one year old the very next day, and that she was really cute. I immediately called Doug, raced home, and met him at the computer....where we fell in love with a tiny girl on the other side of the world.





1220446313484




From what I understand, each new list of special needs children available for adoption are posted at midnight our time for the adoption agencies to view. I'm so thankful to Dana for "burning the midnight oil" because if she had waited until morning to view the list, I'm pretty sure we would not have Kerry.




luying3





And I can't imagine life without her, now. I am so thankful, and so..so blessed.

IMG_7560



11 comments:

ellieshine said...

she really is so beautiful :) Happy 2 year referral anniversary!

xo ellie

Jess Danielson said...

Congrats! What a beautiful little lady and memory! So happy she is home with her family!

Harlow Family said...

Congrats Gin & Doug & Happy 3rd Birthday Kerry.

Ms. J said...

Happy Referral anniversary!!! I know exactly what you mean about how easily she could have been matched with someone else . . . there are so many random little things (our paperwork, the employee who is scanning the lists, and so on) that coalesce into the wonder that are our wonderous, amazing, oh so "special" daughters.

Sennie said...

Congrats!! What a blessing <3

the meaklims said...

She was So meant to be part of your family Gin. Don't you just feel like the luckiest Mama on earth...

Praise God!

She is a darling sweet beautiful miracle. And how special that you got her referral the day before she turned one - just so you could celebrate along with her, even though you were miles and miles apart.

Ahh I'm starting to tear up.

Happy anniversary and birthday sweet Kerry Lu.

Jill

DawnS said...

She is so precious!

Andrea said...

i saw her referral picture on stephs sunda snapsot roll and i had to stop by. she's precious. Happy Anny.

Andrea

Dana said...

Wow...two years goes by so fast. I am so glad we met you and your sweet girl. And so happy your agency made such a perfect match!

Wendy said...

Happy Referral Aniversary and I hope precious Kerry Lu has a wonderful Birthday :)

Wendy

Unknown said...

I remember that day. I also just got kinda teared up with that memory. Love you guys. Kiss her for me. Tell her Happy birthday from us also.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours