Friday, January 21, 2011

IMG_6834cp
cookie face =)


This child of mine just melts my heart. She's really getting more and more affectionate lately. I can't tell you how many times this week that she's said "I yuv you, mommy" and I can't explain how happy and blessed I feel every single time she says it. She also still says we're "best friends", and last night for the first time she said "you're pwetty, Mommy". I know...awwwww, right?! When I come home from work she says "Mommy, I way way missed you".

When I think back to those first months with her, I can really see how far she's come. It's hard to explain, really. She's always wanted to be physically close to us. She still sometimes gets nervous if I have to leave the room abrubtly. She's always been able to give hugs and kisses, and she's always enjoyed physical play, like tickling and "rough-housing". I guess you could say that she always enjoyed affection.... in small doses. Maybe it's just what she was used to for her first 15 months. Her style was...give or get hugs and kisses, then run off and play. Have a tickle fest with Mommy or daddy, then go do something else. Run to Mommy for comfort after getting hurt, "get over it" in one minute flat, then run off and and play. She was not one for prolonged cuddling, or being rocked to sleep. That sort of thing took a lot longer.
Now, my girl asks for "cuddles" before bedtime...and I'm more than happy to oblige her. We're still having issues with separation axiety if we try to leave her with anyone but the grandparents, sometimes pretty severe issues, but we're getting there.
So what's new with Kerry? Well she's still growing like a little weed. The dress I put on her for church today seemed longer the last time she wore it. One of the church nursery workers even noticed and pointed it out to me. She's becoming even more of a little Miss Independant, and says "I do it all by myself" A LOT these days. She's been able to spell her name for a month or so without mistakes. But its cute because she says "K-E-R-R-Y, that smells Kerry!!"
Some other Kerry-isms:

Smatuwa = spatula
nemonade = lemonade
yook! = look!
ImagiwashunWoovers= Imagination Movers (Disney show)
scoof=scoot

She says "yeahh, I fink so." a lot lately, and when she's looking for something or someone she'll say "Mommy, have you ever seen ____?"
Her favorite movies right now are the "Toy Story" movies and "Despicable Me", and she will watch them in their entirety. her favorite shows are Yo Gabba Gabba and Umizoomi, although she still loves Kai-Lan and Dora, too.

She doesn't care what I put on her to wear during the daytime, but she insists on picking out what pajamas she wears at night.

She still loves to build things plays with her mega-blocks and tinker-toys a lot. I'm thinking of getting her some of these for her birthday.
She is obsessed with painting right now.
She still loves her robe, her pink bunny blankey thing that we sent to her while she was in the orphanage, an her pandas "which she now calls 'Baby Panda' and 'Big Panda". Oh, and she got some frog slippers for Christmas that she wears around the house all of the time, and she has to wear them to bed even if she has footed jammies on.
Anyway, this ended up being a long and rambling post, but she's growing and changing so quickly that I want to document these things so we can look back on them later. That and, well, I just love her so much that I can't stop talking about her =)

Ni Hao Yall

11 comments:

waiting4lexi@gmail.com said...

She is a smart adorable little luv bug! !!

Grace said...

Spoken like a true mother. Ramble on because they are only small for a short time but they are just as much fun to be around when they are older too.

Unknown said...

That picture is amazing--what a beautiful girl. Gotta love all those cute "kiddisms" too. :)

Unknown said...

She is just as precious as can be. With every sentence I read I could feel the overwhelming love you have for her. What a precious daughter : ) Beautiful post filled with love.

my3 kids said...

Such a beautiful sweet little girl you have.

ellieshine said...

What a beautiful little smarty-girl! I love her Kerrry-isms!

Enjoy every second - 'cause they are flying by!

xo ellie

Stefanie said...

She is just stunning!
And sounds like she's positively precious inside and out :)

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh she is just so stinkin' cute! Emma still says yook for look and she is 6;) I love her expression that she missed you way way much:)

Debbie said...

Love this post.......its just so evident how much you adore your little girl! dx

the meaklims said...

So strange, I tried to click on this post when it came into my reader on Sunday and couldn't see it. But now I can! Maybe you published it and then took it off again.

Anyway, what a beautiful post. I love how much affection Lilah has too. Oh my goodness, we never ever expected her (right from the start) to show us the affection she did. We thank God for that so much, because we prayed so badly for it. Actually, tonight at bedtime prayers, she said "Thank you God for giving me to Mama". Made my heart swell - there is nothing better than for the affection you give them, be returned...even though you really don't expect it.

Oh, and I ADORE how your sweet girl says K.E.R.R.Y 'smells' Kerry! Lol! I love it!

Jill

tiffany said...

I just love how much you enjoy your sweet girl.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours