Thursday, July 22, 2010

to be 17 again...

This is Ashley.





I've known Ashley since she was around 9 years old and have been lucky to call she and her family my neighbors, and dear friends, since. I recently had the pleasure of photographing this pretty girl for her Senior year photos. I was thrilled and honored that she asked me to do this, but was also just a little nervous...okay more than a little nervous. Luckily, she seemed happy with the results..phew. Anyway, I had a great time, although it was HOT, HOT, HOT outside! We're talking ninety degree weather with about 300% humidity. Anyway, here are a few pics from our little shoot.





Ashley is such an awesome girl. Pretty, smart, strong...she's gonna go far.



















It was just us girls; Ashley and her proud Mama Amanda, Kerry, and myself. Afterwards we went out for lunch. We had a great time =).





Did I mention it was HOT! Kerry was with us and the poor thing was melting after just a half hour. I've never seen anything like it. If she goes out in anything warmer than about 80 degrees, her little head and face just starts pouring the sweat.



6 comments:

Dana said...

Gorgeous photos Gin! How cool she asked you to do them. I hear ya on the sweating issue! Makenna's head get sweaty in the car while the AC is gearing up. She doesn't seem to mind the heat she just sweats like crazy!

the meaklims said...

GIN!!! These photos are simply fabulous! What a pretty girl. I think you have a new career ahead of you.

Jill

the meaklims said...

Oh and I meant to say, I love love love the one of Ashley standing on the bridge...the post processing suits it perfectly. It's my favourite!

Jill

Unknown said...

Those all looked good to bad you did not have that camera when you used to take all those pictures of me when I was her age and younger. LOL Wish you where around to take some of the boys and me. Hey is Kerry related to me and rod we do that also when we got hot.

Harlow Family said...

Oh Gin when I read this I started to cry and while I am typing this I am still crying!! You have been such a blessing in our lives since we have meet you and Ashley seconded mom as well that I could not thing of anyone else I would want to share this experience with. It was a very hot day but a fun day at that!! I am so thrilled with how the photo's turned out!! We all love you, Doug & Kerry bunches!! Thanks again for the pictures & being a extended mother to both of my kiddo's!! Love ya Amanda

Wilma-Jan said...

Great pics !
Nice blog :)

http://wilma--jan.blogspot.com/

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours