Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Holiday World

Doug is on vacation all week so we took a little trip up to Holiday World yesterday. Kerry has never ridden any "rides" aside from the carousel at the Zoo...which she will not ride without me and does not like to ride the horses that go up and down, only the stationery ones. So imagine our pleasant surprise when she proceeded to ride every ride she was tall enough for about 3 or 4 times each, all by herself. We were so glad she was enjoying herself and we just loved watching her having so much fun.





This little rocket ride actually went up pretty high. I was expecting her to freak out a little, but nope, not this intrepid little girl.







She loved the sea-horses and wanted to ride a different color (saddle) each time.





After a few rides we were of to Splashin' Safari for some fun in the water. We tried out the splash pools and water slides that they have for the little bitty one's, the wave pool, and Kerry shared an inner-tube with mommy for a trip down the lazy river. After a couple of hours she was so worn out that she practically begged for her stroller. Once I put her in her stroller with her much loved robe, she was out like a light. She slept for just over an hour, during which time Doug and I each took a turn on one of the huge waterslides...fun. My camera was in a locker for this portion of the day so I didn't get pictures. Just believe me when I say she had fun.



By the time she woke up we were all ready for a late lunch. (All I asked her for was a smile in the above photo, but she decided to give it a little extra "cute".)








After lunch she was ready for a few more rides.










Check out the smile in this one =)








Kerry and Daddy on the "Tin Lizzies"




Needless to say we all slept well last night. We plan on taking her again next summer =).




7 comments:

Harlow Family said...

I am so glad she enjoyed all the rides!! She is growing way to fast!

Unknown said...

Like Amanda said she is growing way to fast. She looked. Like such a big girl on all those rides. Glad you all had fun. Miss you guys.

the meaklims said...

She is BEAMING! How much fun is this girly having! In a few years she'll be scaring the heck out of you on rollarcoasters!! :)

I love her smile and extra cuteness!

Jill

Wendy said...

I just love the picture of her at lunch she is so adorable and what a big girl! I am glad you all are having a great summer!

Wendy

Lisa and Tate said...

Kerry Lu is so unbelievably gorgeous... so glad she surprised y'all and loved the rides.

Tate had her first time on some wee rides this weekend... SHE loved them and pitched a fit when she had to get off.

Lindy said...

Kerry Lu is so adorable. What a cute amusement park. I love her in that orange salmon with the big lips! She was very brave to ride by herself.

The Byrd's Nest said...

OH she is so brave! Lottie is almost 6 years old and still won't ride a small carousel by herself;) Looks like a fun time!!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours