Wednesday, September 2, 2009


Little Miss K got herself locked in our bedroom last night. We found out the hard way it cannot be opened with a credit card (like the bathroom door). In fact it can't be opened with a screw driver... or a pry bar... or a hammer, either. We thought we were going to have to call the fire department down the street. It took nearly a half hour to get her out. The poor little thing was sobbing and had her little arm stuck under the door holding my hand. I felt so bad for her. Luckily our neighbor, David, was able to pick what was left of the mangled doorknob assembly and we got her out. She just kept hugging me and waving at everyone, she was so relieved ( so was Mama). We were starting to get a bit concerned at one point because she cried so hard she exhausted herself and finally passed out asleep on the floor with her little hand stuck out. Even with the banging and rattling she wouldn't wake up. I had to stick my arm under the door and physically shove her away from the door so I could open enough to shimmy in and still she slept. I grabbed her and picked her up and she finally woke up screaming until she realized she was rescued. The door sustained a little damage but now boast a brand new, non locking, doorknob. And Kerry is no worse for the wear.
Moving on, how about some pictures from the last couple of days


Just because I love the lighting in these pictures...

Kerry loves her books





And is starting to show more interest in playing with her dolls and stuffed animals, lately


And, as always, she likes listening to, and making, music ( which I LOVE!) And the girl's got rhythm, too.

S She loves Kai-L*n and gets so excited when the theme song comes on =)



And here she's playing with a little vintage FP record player, just like the one Mama had when she was little. It actually functions more like a music box... but let's not get into technicalities.



Yeah, it kinda makes me feel old to realize the toys I played with can now be considered vintage.















7 comments:

Ms. J said...

Yes, my Lil Pumpkin loves Kai-Lan, too! They sell the toys and clothes at Target, but they are kinda pricey, and not suitable for toddlers (hullo, choking hazard).

Ahhh, yes, you are learning (i.e. doorknobs). Every doorknob in our house, if it does not have a kid-proof cover over it, was removed and replaced with a non-locking one, LOL! And hall closets that keep medicine or chemicals had a sliding latch-lock installed way up high so they stay safely stowed away.

People stupidly quip that when you start with a toddler that "it must be nice to be able to get some sleep" (since toddlers tend to sleep better than infants), but I'd love to see THOSE PEOPLE contend with being shot of a cannon into instant parenthood with a toddler, who can get into all sorts of trouble, eh?!

Sounds like it was so frightening!!! Glad you three are okay!

the meaklims said...

Aww, poor sweet Kerry. Glad to hear you've all recovered. That sounded really rough.

Jill xx

Dana said...

So scary! I would have been panicking for sure. On a better note I love the pictures. So sweet and her putting the pacifier in the baby doll is just the cutest.

tiffany said...

Oh my goodness! What a crazy ordeal. Poor little thing. I can picture her little hand poking through for comfort.

I love seeing her mothering her dolly. She is just sooo cute!

Marla said...

So glad Miss K is ok and mama too. :o)

3 Peanuts said...

Seeing that FP record player brought back so many memories for me. I used to have that too. So cute!!! I am glad she plays with toys...Kate still doesn't really.

3 Peanuts said...

P.S. I forgot to comment on how scary that locking out incident must have been. My heart was aching reading your post because I could imagine your fears. Kate locked me out of the house when she was that age. I ran out for something?? maybe to take the dog out...and she locked the kitchen door. I could see her but could not get in...it was awful. Luckily I found and unlocked door elsewhere and got in .

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours