Saturday, September 26, 2009


Daddy and I have to take shifts on Saturdays that I work. He works 3rd shift so when I get home (12:45 today) he goes to bed. I try to keep things quiet so he can sleep well, and the easiest way to do that is to just spend the day out of the house. Today Kerry and I spent the afternoon at Bernheim. I have lots of great memories of this place as a child, myself, so I wanted to introduce Kerry to it.





This one's for Jessica =)

She had a great time playing in the visitors center. The toys and books are all inspired by nature, like these wood building blocks.





She loved the little bugs on the floor



And the coloring wall.



Did I mention she wants to climb everything these days?


We did a lot of walking (and stroller riding) and exploring, too.

She wasn't sure what to make of the "grasshopper man"



She kept walking with her hands clasped behind her back, not sure what that's all about.



I am one blessed Mama


8 comments:

Leanne said...

Kerry is just beautiful!!
I've followed your adoption......we are in the process also! Right now, we are waiting for our LOA. Hopefully we will go to China in Dec. or Jan.

Harlow Family said...

Love it Gin! She is just too adorable! And I love seeing her & Doug playing on Saturday morning!

Unknown said...

Love it love it love it. I am not sure what to make of the grasshopper man my self. Go back when the leaves change would you and post me some pics then too. PLEASE.

the meaklims said...

Awww, she is so sweet and that place looks great, very child friendly. I just love the bugs on the floor too! :)

Jill xx

tiffany said...

Yes you are! She is just waaaay too cute.

Deb said...

you are one blessed Mama! Kerry is so precious! It is so fun to take kids to the places we cherished as a child!

Shawnstribe said...

oh My ADORABLE!!!!!!!
Kerry is adorable, so so cute!!!!
xxx
s

The Byrd's Nest said...

Yes you are one blessed Mommy.....she is so precious.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours