Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Baby Shower pics...and has anyone seen my TA?










My sister-in-law, Debbie, put together the most wonderful shower for me on Sunday! There were Chinese lanterns on each table, each with a different colored hair bow attached for me to keep for Kerry. She used take-out boxes for peanuts, mints , forks, spoons, etc. And the gifts...wow..I was blown away by the generosity and well wishes of my friends, family, and church family.




We're not sure which one of these two are responsible for the little indentation in the icing. Jamey and Sydnie were both hovering around the cake before the shower ; )





Hand-painted by Lee


































I just love this. This adorable little girl was a gift from Cousin Peggy. She now lives safely on top of my TV armoire. ( I have a little one on the way, I'm, not crazy).







I almost cried when I opened this. It says "There's nowhere on Earth I wouldn't go to bring you home to me", and was a gift from Susan and Theresa.












And this got me all choked up ,too. Happens easily these days.



We're still waiting on our TA. I talked to Mike today and he said that he spoke to someone at the CCAA on Monday that our TA was in the "final stages" and has just been "waiting for the signature of the leader". If it's an ink pen he needs, I'll be happy to overnight one to him... gold-plated and engraved if that helps any = /. Hoping for better news tomorrow or Friday.






9 comments:

the meaklims said...

Wow, you are one lucky mama! In more ways than one. That 'no place on earth' frame gave me goosebumps, the good kind, it's gorgeous, no wonder you got choked up!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

What a beautiful shower!! Looks like you are all ready....now you just need that TA!! Hope you hear something soon:)

Enjoy your holiday weekend!

Lisa

Shawnstribe said...

oh sweet girl!!!!
You are a Momma and your heart is just overflowing!!!!!
your TA will be just around the corner and then we can all just jump for joy for you!!!!!
big big hugs girly
xxx
s

Maya's Mommy said...

Of course you can follow along on our trip!!! Your blog is on my list of blogs - you may have noticed that. Your Kerry Lu is adorable!

Lori

fleur de lis cottage said...

What sweet and thoughtful gifts. So heartfelt. Hope you get your TA very soon.

I'll help you overnight that ink pen ;)

tiffany said...

Oh so nice! Love that you and your sweet girl are being celebrated in a big way. :)

Marla said...

What a great shower, I cant wait for you to go get that little cutie!

The Byrd's Nest said...

Wow....what great presents and friends. Praying for your TA.

3 Peanuts said...

Oh what a beautiful shower Gin!!! I got choked up with some of those gifts myself:) Here's hoping ofr TA any day now!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours