Friday, March 13, 2009

Kerry Lu Ying
(Just because I couldn't stand seeing her picture sink further and further down the page)


I got an e-mail last night from our advocate, Dana, informing us that WE GOT PA!!!!
I'm very happy and a bit relieved. Now I can tell you a bit more about her.

Chinese name: Ji, Lu Ying

DOB: February 28,2008

She currently resides in the Jiangxi province in southern China and her special need is a ventricular septal defect. At 5 months of age she weighed 14 1/2 pounds and was about 24 1/4 inches. We hope to get updated measurements soon. Her caretakers call her "Ying Ying" (so cute). They indicated that she is active and restless, tender, and not shy and that she loves being outdoors. I love it! We will be naming her Kerry Lu Ying . "Kerry" is Irish and it means " dark haired" and County Kerry, Ireland, is the most wonderful place we've ever visited.

9 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

we can't wait to see you hold your precious lil one in your arms and kiss her lil chubby cheeks : )
you guys look sooooooo happy!!!!
Yay!!!
xxx
s

The Byrd's Nest said...

She is darling!!! They told us our Lottie was active too and boy were they right. The one GOOD thing is that she does sleep twelve hours every night and she needs it from her high energy!

God bless you all and I will be praying for quick travel to bring that sweet girl home!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Our daughter was adopted at 11 months old from the Jiangxi Province in June 2006. She has ASD (atrial septal defect) which was not diagnosed until our return from China. Quite a surprise!

Kelly fr/CA

3 Peanuts said...

Oh...she is so cute. Congrats on PA! She is from the same province as KAte:)

the meaklims said...

I don't know how I missed this terrific news Gin, I must have been in Ireland! Oh my goodness she is BEAUTIFUL, I mean really REALLY BEAUTIFUL! How exciting is that! Oh I am just so thrilled for you. Godspeed on that TA now! That precious girl needs your loving arms.

Oh I am just so excited for you, I could do a little dance!

Jill xx

To The Moon and Back said...

Congratulations on your referral! She is precious!

Unknown said...

Congrats! She is gorgeous! And, so young for the sn list. We have a LID of 7/23/2007 and just recently joined the sn program as well. Hope you get to travel very quickly and bring this little sweetheart home!
Avid RQ Reader, Kelly

trina said...

Kerry is so beautiful!! Are you on the AHH SN yahoo group? You should join. It's a fun group. I can't wait to follow your journey!

Deb said...

I have ben on a long blog break and came back to find your great news! Awesome!! She is just adorable!! Congratulations!!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours