Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Lake Cumberland 2013

 Each October we go with Doug's family to Lake Cumberland State Park.  We always look forward to this little weekend getaway.
 
 

Kerry was just thrilled to spend time with her cousins.  This was little Kinsley's first year.  They spent mornings like this, bleary eyed but ready to enjoy each other's company...for the most part ; ).
 

 
Ready for adventure.
 
 
Just being a little crazy.

 
Exploring.



Collecting rock and shell "treasures".



Just being cute.
 
 

 
My girl can always spot a potential balance beam.
 
 
This one is fuzzy but I still love it =)
 
 
All three girls fell asleep on the pontoon ride.  Kerry passed out first and slept the longest.  Maybe she's still recovering a bit from the bout of strep throat that was diagnosed with last week.
 
 
 
 
Another thing she can spot from across the room is a checker-board.  She's good, too!
 
And, as always, the pool at the lodge was a huge hit =).
 
We came home Sunday afternoon and I'll have you know that Kerry was asleep by 7 pm and did not wake up until 9 am Monday morning!

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Little breaks like that just make you feel so much better dont they?

Good to see Kerry is recovering Gin!!!

funks said...

I love the "bed head" picture you posted first. Looks like Kerry had a great time!

the meaklims said...

What a fun trip! I love traditions like this and kids just love their cousins, don't they?
I kinda wish we lived closer to family. Lilah is always talking about her (Irish) cousins.
J.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours