Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A little Mommy pout.

IMG_0271

 
My baby girl is officially registered to attend school.  We won't know which of the schools we requested within our "cluster" of schools she'll be attending until around May.  I'm so going to miss our Monday's and Tuesdays together when she goes to Kindergarten in the fall.  Sometimes we run around looking for something to get into, sometimes we have lots of errands to run. Other times we just stay in our PJ's till noon, take it easy, play grocery store, do puzzles, make things.  Anyone will tell you that she is more than ready for school.  She's worked through her separation anxieties with much thanks to the Mother's Day Out program she attends once a week, which we enrolled her in for mainly that reason..that, and it gives her an opportunity to play with kids her age.  She's reading, for petes' sake, and was breezing through a first grade math workbook just the other day, so she really is ready.  Mommy?  Well I'm just going to have suck it up...but I can't say that I'm not already dreading it just a bit.  I know it's inevitable,  I know she needs to go, but I don't have to like it. 

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh Gin, I'm going to feel exactly the same way when that time comes.....next August for me :(

Hope you enjoy every, single, minute until then!

the meaklims said...

Awww, Mom! It is so okay to have a little pout! And yes, she is more than ready, and you will love to see her growth and hear about her friends... it is amazing!

Lilah starts Grade 1 this September and that's full day, 9-3pm... wahhhhhhhh! So far JK and SK has only been half days, which was nice, she was only gone for 2 and a half hours.

Keep your chin up.
Jill

Kristi said...

Piper will start kindergarten in the fall also (she missed the cut-off this year by 19 days). Her preschool is M-F but only 2.5 hrs per day. She's most excited to eat lunch at school :)

Harlow Family said...

Awe Gin I can see how hard this will be on you "hugs"

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours