Friday, October 26, 2012

 



This will be Kerry's last year in her Thursday MDO program.   When we enrolled her at age three in August of last year, I had been looking for a one or two day a week program mostly as a way of helping her with the pretty severe separation anxiety issues she struggled with before she would have to face "big school" at age five.  It has done WONDERS for her in this area.  It has also served as a good social outlet for her and as a way to lighten the load for my Mom so she would only need to watch her on Wednesdays and Fridays while I work.  And even though it's just a Mother's Day Out program, the day is structured and they have come up with a curriculum so it has taught Kerry how to be in a classroom setting.  Best of all, though...she loves, loves, loves it.  Seriously.  She never, ever complains or pouts about getting up and going on Thursday morning and is always excited to go and to tell me all about her day when I pick her up.  I love this.  I love that I can now leave my baby girl for the day and know that she knows that I will always come back for her.  That she is comfortable, happy, learning, socializing, blossoming in every way. 

 
And I just had to share this little photo she had taken at "school".  How cute is she in her little cap and gown!?  The only problem is...when I see her in this photo, I can also see her about 13 years from now in another cap and gown and I'm so not ready to even think about that.
 
Even though she won't start Kindergarten until next fall, registration actually begins next month!  So we've already started talking with her about how different it will be next year.  New school, new teacher, new friends.  So far she seems okay with it...we'll see when the time actually comes.  This could be harder on Mommy than her = /.
 
I have to share a funny from yesterday.  We passed by Doug's elementary school and Kerry said,
 
 "Mommy!  Daddy went to hel-e-bentry school there!  Did you ever know that?!"

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Gin, Im so pleased Kerry is doing well....doesnt it make things easier for working mums too when your kid loves to go? :)

Gracie starts pre-school in January and Im not worried at all, she is so sociable - I get a tight hug when I leave her there, and she always asks me to come back and collect her from nursery when I finish work, so sweet.

I'm back blogging now too, its about time!! LOL

Have a great weekend. D

Harlow Family said...

Oh my Gin that photo is too cute! I am so happy to see how far she has come along and she has been able to do that thanks to 2 wonderful parents you and Doug are! But please tell her to stop growing so fast!

the meaklims said...

I just love that photo! She really suits red!
And Im so happy to hear she has grown in confidence, it just makes a Mama's heart super happy to see their child confident and happy!

Yeah, Kerry!!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours