Friday, October 28, 2011


Earlier this week my girl and I took of on our own to Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest to take in the beautiful Fall weather and colors. Kerry loves to have "pick-a-nicks" so we packed up a cooler bag full of snacks and juice boxes and off we went.

IMG_0242

I tell ya, for this Mama there's nothing better than seeing this sweet smiling face from across the pick-a-nick table. =).

IMG_0252

IMG_0282

We took in the Fall colors

IMG_0278




IMG_0296
And we played around a bit

IMG_0288

IMG_0271edit

A nice lady volunteered to take our picture on the Canopy Tree Walk. It juts out 75 feet above the forest floor and it sways a little. Kerry was a little nervous in this.

IMG_0276

She cannot resist climbing rocks.



Hmm, I'm participating in Lisa's "Favorite Photo Friday" but can't seem to get the button that links back to it to show up on my blog.

9 comments:

Amy said...

She is a doll! Gorgeous photos too. We don't get fall colors like that in Texas.

the meaklims said...

Oh Gin, that second picture is absolutely killing me! Oh Lordy, could she be any more cute! Adore her.

Everyone in our house loves pick-a-nicks too! ;) Looks like you enjoyed some fabulous Fall weather!

Jill

nancy said...

Beautiful photos of your little girl. Blessings.

Unknown said...

Makes me want to go . I miss that place. Those are some awesome pictures.

Alyson and Ford said...

Love her beauty!! Just wonderful photos!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for Three Years!

Jessie said...

I love Pick-A-Nicks too! Beautiful photos! Nancy

The Byrd's Nest said...

She is so cute:) Lottie still says Pick-a-nick table and Pan-a-cakes for pancakes. She is almost 7 but I just can't force myself to correct her, it is too precious!

Football and Fried Rice said...

Looks like the prefect way to spend a fall day!! Love the leaves - I love the look on Kerry Lu's face when you were out there! ha!!

TanyaLea said...

Good grief, could she be any cuter!! I can only imagine the photo wall you must have of your precious girl!

What a wonderful day. I love the fall, it is my favorite time of the year. And a picnic {pick-a-nick} sounds like the perfect way to spend a lovely autumn afternoon!

:)
Tanya

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours