Friday, June 10, 2011

After leaving Georgia, we headed south to the central Florida area to spent some time with my long-time friend, Jessica, and her family. I've known Jess since she was younger than Kerry, and she's always kinda been like the kid sister I never had. The first thing we did was take the kiddo's to enjoy a day at the beach. This was Kerry's second beach experience, but the first time she was able to get in the water (it was too cold last time). She absolutely loved it!! I wish I could have gotten pictures of her expressions but I was holding her hand most of the time, and Atlantic waves+excited three year old+camera....could spell disaster.

IMG_8807fix

She also had a great time collecting a sand pail full of shells, which she insisted on bringing home with her to show her daddy. She got to talk to him on the phone several times a day to tell him all about what she'd been doing.

IMG_8801fix
IMG_8804fix
Jamey and Kerry sharing their beach toys.

IMG_8831fix
After our day at the beach, we went to St. Augustine to stroll around and let the kiddos have some more fun at a playground and to ride a carousel.

IMG_8818
Jess and her Joshie are pictured here enjoying a ride.
After spending another day or so visiting and having fun we said our goodbyes and headed even further south to visit another longtime friend, Jamie, who happens to be cousins with Jessica.
The first thing we did when we got there?

IMG_8835fix

You guessed it! Another beach. This time we were on the gulf side and the waves were teeny-tinyy so I got a little braver with the camera.

IMG_8841fix
I'm so glad I did. Just look at that happy little face! She had a great time jumping and splashing around.

IMG_8839fix
IMG_8844fix
See our miniature Great Wall?

I had a great time visiting and catching up with my friends but soon it was time to say goodbye and head back home. Kerry had so much fun but at times was really missing her Daddy and would say "I just want home".

IMG_8779
Mom and Kerry relaxing outside of a Cracker Barrel in Georgia where we stopped for a lunch of chickan and dumplings...yum! Kerry loved the big checker's set.

5 comments:

the meaklims said...

Oh yeah... She LOVES the beach, that's for sure!! Lilah also loves the beach, talks about it nonstop. And I love your Great Wall - very cool idea!

Glad you all had so much fun and got to see all your friends as well.

I bet Daddy missed you both a lot too.

Jill

Unknown said...

Hey She looks good in the hat I got her and you are like me like the white side with the little butterfly over the pink with all the butterflies. Yes the waves at the Atlantic side are big which during a storm we see lots of surfers.

Kristi said...

looks like a fun trip!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Gin, I cannot get over your beautiful girl!! She has grown up right before our very eyes!! What a sweetheart..... I still remember meeting you just before you traveled and you had her picture....she was so tiny. Now look at her?

It looks like you had a wonderful time and YES oh YES....she is a beach girl!!

Enjoy your summer~

xoxo,

Lisa

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my girls love the beach also:) What fun you girls had and Cracker Barrel too?? Wow...what a great vacation!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours