Thursday, August 6, 2009









I haven't had much time for posting lately (did I mention that I went back to work full time last week?). My mom watches Kerry here at home which is such a blessing but I hate leaving her in the morning and I miss her so much through the day, and I miss the weeks that I was able to do nothing but just soak in this new daughter of mine, play with her, watch her learn new things seemingly by the hour, and hug her and hold her anytime I wanted . The plan was to go back to work part-time, and that still may happen but not for several weeks. While I was on leave, a couple of people quit and will have to be replaced and trained before I can cut back my hours. I hope this happens sooner than later. I missed the first 15 months of her life and I'd hate to miss anymore of it than I have to. Here are a few of my favorite pics from the last week before I went back to work.






Enjoying a trip the to Zoo (we're getting a lot of use out of our Zoo pass)






She spotted a giraffe (no pun intended).







First Carousel ride






Boogie-ing down to some live Jazz that we happened upon after dinner that evening



Enjoying a pop-sicle



Wow, that's cold!



Spending the morning playing in Mama's make-up

Taking an afternoon nap in Mommy and Daddy's bed

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the jazz band boogie. But i do not think she was so sure of that carousel ride. Good luck going part time. Jamey says he needs to go to the zoo and ride that with kerry.

Dana said...

I love all the new pictures! Sorry you are missing your girl when you are at work :( Hopefully you can go part time soon. That last picture of Kerry sleeping reminds me of Makenna....they are so sweet when they are asleep ( and MOST other times too)!

the meaklims said...

I really feel for you going back to work. :( You must be so thrilled to have your Mum care for Kerry in your own home though, that sure is a blessing.

I just love her little navy and white dress, and that last picture of her sleeping is absolutely priceless, she is a true beauty!

Jill xx

Shawnstribe said...

I can't believe how much she has changed!!!!!!!!!!
i'm so so sorry that you have had to go back to work full time, you must be heart broken.
I'll pray my friend
(((HUGS)))
xxx
s

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours