Monday, August 17, 2009

Horsies, Doggies and Pig-tails

We spent Saturday hanging out with Mamaw and Papaw. First we drove down to Glendale for a little shopping and lunch.






Then we went back ot Mamaw and Papaws house and met the horses in the field next to their house.





On Sunday we visited Cousin Sydnie, Aunt Debbie and Uncle Travis. Sydnie loves getting to be a "big cousin" and, as usual, was so sweet with Kerry.

just look at those smiles..



She drove her around in her Escalade..

and let Kerry have fun with her toys.




Charlie was always close by, keeping an eye on her

wether she wanted him to or not.





We also managed to get Miss K's hair into two little pig-tails for the first time. Her hair has grown about an inch since we got her. In her first referral photos, you can tell the her hair had been shaved and was was super short around the ears, so as its grown it seems to be forming a baby mullet (you can kinda see it in the pictures above). I'm debating wether to trim up the neck-line sometime in the near future to let the rest of her hair catch up, or just wait and see if the mullet effect gets less as it grows. I'm open for advice.

7 comments:

Marla said...

I love the picture of her and dog close up! I would give her hair a little bit and see what happens. I know its better to start putting their hair up the younger they are. Adalyn doesnt usually mind me fooling with hers and I think its because I started early.

the meaklims said...

Oh she is cute! I love seeing her in green, she suits it so well...and those pigtails are so darn cute!

Lilah's hair was kinda mullet like when we got her, but it seems to have grown out on it's own. Once I started getting pig-tails into it and now a pony-tail (woohoo), I just didn't want to trim it. It will need it though, sometime soon, because it's very uneven!

An inch already? That is incredible! I am noticing that the longer Lilah's hair gets the older she looks! Eeek! Where'd my baby go?!

Looks like she is having so much fun!

Jill xx

Unknown said...

OK I know those dresses. LOL, also about the hair ask aunt Steph. I love the pigtails.

Dana said...

The pigtails are adorable! You take such cute pictures of Kerry Lu.I say wait and see how her hair grows. She looks like she lets you fix it so I think you can wait and see. Doesn't matter she is still sooo cute even with a baby mullet! Let's get the girls together again soon:)

Your TV said...

Hello! I have been following your story now for awhile. Your daughter is so cute and she reminded me of my daughter from Guangxi.

Would you mind telling me how much she weighs and how old she is. My daughter will be 2 on Aug 30 and weighs 15 lbs 13 oz. She has some eating issues so we are heading back to see a feeding team this week. But, I was just curious about your daughter.

Thanks!
April Isaacs
isaacspartyof6@yahoo.com
http://oneloadatatime.blogspot.com

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Hi~

Congratulations!!! You had visited one of my blogs a long time ago and how cool it is to see you holding your precious daughter. Kerry Lu is just adorable. I'm always happy to see another family brought together through adoption.

I hope you're enjoying motherhood.

Many blessings~
Lisa

The Byrd's Nest said...

I love her just the way she looks.....let it grow a little and then trim it. She is so precious.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours