Thursday, January 29, 2009

We are covered in ice, with a nice layer of snow over top of it. It's beautiful but, man, has it done a lot of damage. There are trees and limbs and power lines down everywhere. If you stand outside long enough, you can hear the snap, crackle and pop of the trees losing limbs. A big portion of the city is without power but by some miracle, we are not. Literally houses one street over and even toward the end of my street are without power and at the other end of my street there are lines down, so I don't understand how we have power. I'm just thanking God that we do.






Couldn't forget about the birds. The birdfeeder was iced over so I improvised.




















Some of the damage.




























Jessica, Jimmy and Jamey are without power so they are spending a few days with us. My office was without power as well so I got to spend the afternoon playing in the snow with this little cutie. This little Florida native is learning how to make snow angels.


Mommy and Daddy are having a snowball fight..



So Jamey decides he's going to join in on the fun






This stuff is hard to walk in




Did you know that a boogie-board with a jump-rope tied to it makes a pretty good sled








Watch this video clip to see just how good..










We walked to Kroger for a few necessities. After all that snow-play and a walk to the store he was tuckered out. Asleep at the wheel =)

2 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

oh wow,that looks soooo beautiful, but feels soo cold : )
I love the sleeping babe in the car :)
xxx
s

Anonymous said...

Thanks Gin now i don't feel so far away from him.

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours