Monday, December 22, 2008

Class of 92 reunion =)
My long-time friend ,Christy, and I spent Saturday with lunch at Qd*ba, Christmas shopping, then back to my house to hang out and play Wii. She had never played before and I think she had a lot of fun (especially with the boxing)









Christy and I have been friends since middle school and we graduated together wayyyy back in 1992







We always have a lot of fun together =)










And now, for a little more Christmas around my house...



I just found this little Irish Pub the other night and had to get it because it reminded me of the trip we took in 2005. Doug and I spent 9 days driving literally from one side of Ireland to the other (landed in Shannon..left from Dublin) staying in bed and breakfast inns in small towns all along the way. It was the best trip ever..at least until China =).



Here's my little "coffee shop" in the kitchen



Speaking of trips, we got this ornament from our awesome trip to Savannah earlier this year....which was right after...






We lost my sweet boy Ozzie in May of this year. I still miss him like crazy.





I got this Angel last year. I thought she looked very "Irish" in her plaid dress, which is why I got her...of course.





I thought I needed to do something with the top of my tv armoire so I just used some evergreen garland with red berries and pine cones and clear faceted lights like the ones on my tree. I left my oil lamps where they were because I liked the way they looked mixed in with the greenery. Not the best photo but you get the picture (pardon the pun).










This little silver bell was my Grandmothers. It's been one of my favorite Christmas fixtures for as long as I can remember. It is probably 50 years old . She got it when my Grampa was stationed overseas with the Army...I'm guessing when they lived in Germany because it's musical and according to the label on the bottom it plays "Stille Nacht" instead of "Silent Night" ; ).





Even my bathroom got a touch of Christmas...










I got this cute Gingerbread house for my kitchen at H*llmark this year.
It plays "the Dance of the Sugarplum Faerie"















Jamey loves it. Everytime he comes over he pushes the button and bounces around to the music...recently we've been working on some ballet moves (his daddy loves this). You'll notice he manages to keep it masculine with a hockey themed outfit.


Make sure you scroll down and turn off the music player before
you view the video clip.=)

3 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

Gin~ I wish you a very blessed Christmas. I hope that next year all of your special dreams come true!!!
Kim

tiffany said...

Your house looks so festive! :)

We took the same fly and drive tour of Ireland a few years ago and totally agree that it was the trip of a lifetime! I am always suggesting that trip to friends. :) We left the day after we turned in our dossier for Sophie and the day Rick turned 30. Memorable in so many ways. I loved how you never knew quite what the B&B was going to be like until you drove up in your toy car (LOL) and saw it in real life. A couple were way better than they seemed and most were not as nice as they looked in the book thingy but we loved them ALL. Well, all but one but that is another long story and I am already writing a book in your comments section here. LOL Anyhow, China is sure to top Ireland just because of the reason you are going, but Ireland was a wonderful trip. :)

tiffany said...

Oh and of course I meant to say Merry Christmas!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours