Tuesday, December 3, 2013

 
My girl has grown and matured, it seems, so much just since she started school.  I was expecting it, I was warned that it would happen...but wow.  Some of the things she's saying and the questions she's asking she would not have even just a few months ago.  Just check out what she wrote and drew recently.  I loved this so much I had to take a photo...it just makes me happy. 
 
As I already mentioned, this little "emotional growth spurt" has led to a couple of questions recently, too...regarding adoption, her beginnings...etc.  Up until recently, no matter how I've tried to gently and age appropriately bring up the topic she would never take the bait.  She usually just does not seem interested or curious in the least and will even change the subject.  Well, we were at a park recently and there was an obviously pregnant woman and her family who were getting outdoor portraits done and Kerry asked, "Mommy, why wasn't I in someone's belly?" and I assured her that she had been.  Then she said "But why don't I remember it?"  This nearly broke my heart...I so wish I could giver her back even part of what she's "lost" and have all of the information and answers that she's going to want/need.  I talked to her about this some more but before long she had "moved on" to do doing and talking about something else.  That's what she does.  I have noticed she's doing more role playing with her stuffies that include stories like "Penguin Puppet/Hootsie/ Baby Panda, etc. doesn't have a Mommy or Daddy" or "Hyenas killed his Mommy so he needs us to be his family".  That sort of thing she's done for a while now but times like this I see an increase in it.  And just this week she took it another level by pretending she has a "human" baby.  Usually it's animals only for my girl.  She says her baby's name is Abby and she was, of course, adopted from China.  And last night she said our night time prayer and she asked God to "help all the little babies who don't have Mommies and Daddies get adopted".  So wish me luck and say a little prayer for me that I have the right words (if there really are any) for the questions and discussions that it seems might become more frequent now. 
 
And I know it's a total change of subject but because I want to get it document it I will finish this post with a funny little conversation we had recently.  Kerry saw my maiden name on my FB page and asked me about it, so I had to explain that it was my last name before I married Daddy.  She then asked "Who am I going to marry?"  I assured her that she had a very, very long time before she needed to worry about that, but she just said "Maybe Nathaniel!".  You may remember him from her Mother's Day Out class...and now they're in Kindergarten together.  Oh boy.

1 comment:

Harlow Family said...

Okay you had me in tears please her heart "hugs" Gin you and Doug are the best parents and I am sure the Lord will give you the right answers when needed but I will pray for her and you all.
Now onto the story about her being married I went from crying to laughing!! Kerry really cracks me up!!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours