Sunday, August 11, 2013

Kindergarten Camp.

On Wednesday Kerry's school hosted a three hour Kindergarten orientation.  She is more excited than ever about going to school.  No nerves at all, yet.  My baby girl has come so far. 

Her special friend Nathaniel, from Mother's Day Out, is going to be in her class.  They were so excited to see each other.  Cute story:  during the opening activity everyone formed a big circle and took turns saying their name and something they like.  You know, my name is So-an-So and I like Ice Cream, or pink.  Well when the guy leading the activity got to him he said "My name is Nathaniel and I like my friend Kerry over there", haha.  Then later his mom informed me that he had already asked Kerry to marry him...and she said "No".  Good girl. 
 
After the introductory activity they gathered up all of children (there are four kindergarten classes) and took them on a tour of the school while the parents stayed behind to go over paperwork, etc.  A few of the little ones were very reluctant to be separated from their parent(s).  One poor little guy started wailing.  I felt so bad for them all.
 
 



 
A little while later the parents got to meet up with the kiddos in their new classrooms.
  

 
She found the library area pretty quickly.

 
 
She found her name on the "treasure map"
 
 

 
Then it was time for their very first run through the cafeteria line.



 
 
 
All of those sweet kiddos trying to figure out how to open those little milk cartons was pretty darned cute to watch.


 
After lunch they got to check out the school buses.
 

She's going to be a "car rider" but seeing her little face staring out the school bus window still kinda got me.

 
Soon it was time to go home.. but not after scoping out the playground, of course.
 
So, we've only got nine days 'til the real deal, y'all.  She's so ready for this.  I guess I am, too.  Maybe.

No comments:

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours