Monday, January 23, 2012

Year of the Dragon

2012 is the Year of the Dragon. In China the Dragon is considered to be a symbol of prosperity and good luck. I found this cute and easy Dragon puppet on-line for Kerry to make. She actually made two...one to keep and one she gave to friends at our favorite nearby Chinese restaurant. All she had to do was color the face and then we attached a "body" made of crepe paper streamers with scales drawn on them. So simple, and she had the best time running around the house making her Chinese dragon dance and fly.
IMG_1213
IMG_1206
IMG_1190
IMG_1211
IMG_1182
I ordered a new red "Dragon and Phoeonix" cheongsam for Kerry to wear this year but it still hasn't arrived, so she wore her blue silks to church yesterday..the same ones she wore last year. They still fit! This was the last of the dresses that we bought in China (sniff, sniff). She's gotten taller but has gained only a couple of pounds this year. Everyone was complementing her on her beautiful dress and her pony-tails and she was positively beaming! She was so proud and was telling everyone, "It's Chinese New Year!".
IMG_1154edit

7 comments:

Harlow Family said...

Happy New Year Kerry!! You looked beautiful in your outfit!!

the meaklims said...

She's positively beautiful and beaming is right! Love her turquoise silks.

And I love her dragon too - what a super craft!

Jill

funks said...

She looks just beautiful! I wish I had seen that puppet craft. Cara took color pages to her preschool today, but the puppet looks more fun.

Football and Fried Rice said...

Love Kerry Lu in blue!!! I love your dragon craft too!! Every year I say I'm going to be more on the ball!!!

Sue Lucas said...

She is so very beautiful. I have been a nanny to several families with children adopted from China they are such a blessing to me . My heart is for these little ones.
I love the difference God has orchestrated in their lives when they are united with their "Forever Family".One of my families has four wonderful girls all adopted from China,one of my friends has two little sons and a daughter and 3 biological children .They are all so loved and cherished .I love Kerry Lu's blue silks !God Bless you all.

The Byrd's Nest said...

Oh my goodness...I love love love her braided pigtails! No one ever lets me fix their hair around here!!!!!

De Lucchi Family Treasures said...

Oh my word!! How adorable is she? I LOVE the puppet!! What a great idea. Love Jules xxxx

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours