Friday, January 6, 2012

IMG_1011

Hmm..I always thought Princesses were supposed to possess poise, grace, restraint...


IMG_1029fix

Ah, now that's a little better.

Kerry got a cute little trunk full of fancy dresses, tiaras, jewelry, white gloves and sparkly sandals for Christmas from Uncle Dale and Aunt Stephanie. I was a little concerned that it would be completely ignored but she surprised me earlier this week by digging into it for a little dress-up session. Don't get me wrong, Kerry likes tea-parties, and lets me do cute things to her hair (while she's distracted by something "fun") but so far, that's about as "girlie-girl" as she's gotten. So I grabbed the camera and managed to snap a few photos to document this. She piled it all on, jewelry, gloves, fancy dress and shoes and , of course, tiara. It lasted long enough to parade up and down the hall a few times and admire herself in the long mirror at the end of the hall then the jewelry, shoes, and tiara were deposited back in the trunk. The dress lasted for a while, though, but does that really count when she's playing Chuck-E-Cheese's Super Collection on the Wii while wearing it ? Not sure. Anyway, it seems my girl is just going to be more of a "practical" type who just likes to dabble in the "girlie-girl" stuff now and then but just can't seem to maintain it for long periods of time (a little like myself, come to think of it). Maybe she'll prove me wrong as she get's older, but for now it seems that she just finds other things way more interesting.

5 comments:

the meaklims said...

Kerry and Lilah are two of a kind, that's for sure! Lilah doesn;t look near her fancy dresses, but when her friend comes over (who ADORES fancy dresses and pull all Lilah's out), Lilah tolerates them, for at least 20 minutes and then she's begging her friend to move on to something new!!

Kerry looks so adorable and full of poise in the second picture - at least she can turn it on when she feels like it!!

Jill

Football and Fried Rice said...

Mya is the same way!! She ONLY dresses up when her girl friends who are into princess things come over! Now, she WILL wear the shoes (with her jeans......oh my!)

I,personally, love crazy princess Kerry :)

Debbie said...

Happy New Year Gin! I love the TWO photos/sides of Princess Kerry...remains to be seen what way our Gracie is gonna go with this one! Dx

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy New Year!!!!

LOL, not all princesses are poised and full of Grace..... I certainly have two that are far from that:))

She is so stinkin cute and I can;t wait to see more of her fancy dresses from her trunk of goodies!!

Happy New Year~

xoxo,

Lisa

The Byrd's Nest said...

That's my Lottie too:) She will dress up if someone else does but if it is her sister she will just wear her super cape and mask instead. I love that about them:) Kerry is super precious always!

My photo
I've been happily married to my wonderful husband for 15 years. Two year ago we were blessed to welcome our first child, a Daughter from China and are absolutely in love with her.

Blog Archive

No Hands But Ours